Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.3 and IOS Gateway for Enhanced Conferencing

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I have a 3825 IOS gateway configured for Enhanced Conferencing. I just recently upgraded from CCM 4.1.3 to CUCM 7.1.3 but I forgot to update the CUCM version in the SCCP CCM list in the 3825 IOS gateway (please see example below).Could someone tell me if this is something that I can change on the fly without affecting production ? Is there anything else that I need to be aware of when making this change ?

sccp ccm x.x.x.x identifier 2 priority 1 version 4.1

Everything is working fine at the moment but I would like to update the version to the same version of CUCM that's currently in production.

Thanks all in advance !!!

D.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

D. Tran,

You won't "hurt" anything by changing the version identifier.  In fact, if I remember correctly the version identifier is related to the the Enhanced IOS conference bridge configuration.  However, you will have to issue a "no sccp" in order to make this change so the impact is that the gateway will unregister and then re-register after you make configuration changes and issues the "sccp" command to turn SCCP back on.  Depending on your environment, this may be something you'd prefer to do during a really quick off-hours time window.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

D. Tran,

You won't "hurt" anything by changing the version identifier.  In fact, if I remember correctly the version identifier is related to the the Enhanced IOS conference bridge configuration.  However, you will have to issue a "no sccp" in order to make this change so the impact is that the gateway will unregister and then re-register after you make configuration changes and issues the "sccp" command to turn SCCP back on.  Depending on your environment, this may be something you'd prefer to do during a really quick off-hours time window.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks David !!! very much appreciate your help !!!

D.