Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.3 No more mtp resources available

I keep getting " no more mtp resources available messages in my syslog.

I have enclosed the SDL trace of the  time of one of thses occurances. can anyone tell me from the trace what type of resource is being asked for.

from the trace time stamp 10/07/202 11:44:21:192  I can see it going through all my resources.

We have recently introduced SIP wireless phones, so i am wondering if it something there that might be the cause.

BTW no user has complained so it can't be serious, but i would like to know what is causing these messages.

6 Replies 6

Hi,

This seems may be you are involving the MTP resources while calling through either Gateway or Gatekeeper Trunk where the option 'Media Termination Point Required' is checked. Sometime the mentioned devices are already using the registered MTPs with CUCM and there is more demand of MTP for any reason so it's giving you such message 'no MTP resources available'.

If your MTP are already unused but you are still getting the message reset the MTPs and also restart the 'IP Voice Media Streaming Service' from serviceability page.

If you actually need more MTP then you can add some more Hardware MTP from IOS gateways with additional sessions you need.

HTH.

Thanks,

Mijanur Rahman

I have IOS MTP,conf and Xcoders, and from the trace I see trying all my resources and getting "device capability mismatch"

thats why I want to know what capability this request is searching for

I do see "ERROR LBR not supported on device name" for the IOS xcoders ..what does this mean?

Hi,

This means there is some mismatch on your configuration.

Can you please post your dspfarm profile config from your gateway for transcoder? Also, can you make sure you have added your hardware transcoders as 'Cisco IOS Enhanced Media Termination Point' with correct Device Name?

HTH.

Thanks,

Mijanur Rahman

Hello,

Also what is the call manager version that you are using?

Are there any call drops being reported? or some feature like transfer, conference not working. or being reported?

Can you check what is set for this paramtere:

iLBC Codec Enabled

If there are some call drops or features not working can you post the ccm SDI/SDL traces for that time.

For the No more mtp resources available, most probably Mijanur is right, that is the MTP box is checked for some gateway and it is not needed.

The error "ERROR LBR not supported on device name" is more specific to the codec issues, and if you are getting these errors, most probably the media negotiation is failing for some call flow.

HTH

kunal

Kunal and Mijanur

i think i have found the problem my dspfarm profile  on one of my enhanced IOS DSPFARM was

dspfarm profile 2 transcode
description transcode profile
codec g711ulaw
codec g711alaw
codec g729ar8
codec g729abr8
codec g729r8
maximum sessions 32
associate application SCCP

I added the codec pass-thru command  and that stopped the messages

I am not entirely sure what pass-thru does but it stopped the error messages.

thanks for your help

'codec pass-thru' is typically used for passing T.38 capabilities through an MTP/transcoder.

What codecs was it trying to nail up on each side of the transcoder when the error would occur?  If one of the legs wasn't g711, it will fail.  Best practice is to put your MTPs in their own MRG higher in the MRGL list from the MRG with the transcoder.  That way, when we just need a normal MTP, a transcoder doesn't get invoked (since unless you have universal transcoder support, xcoder allocation will fail on calls that aren't g711 on at least one leg).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: