Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 7.1.5 cannot find the CP-8831 button template

I have the CUCM 7.1.5 version, bought the new CP-8831 and cannot find the button template, how can i add the button template? what are the steps? thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

On 7.1(5) after installing cmterm-devicepack7.1.5.36121-2.cop.sgn, I do see the phone button template correctly when adding a new 8831.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

How are you able to select 8831 in 7.1.5 as a device type when doing a phone add?  Did you install a device pack to add support for that phone model because it should be needed, however checking the device pack matrix it appears that there is no device pack available for 7.1.5 (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/devpack_comp_mtx.html).

If you would post your "show version active" I'll do some more investigation into why there's no phone button template selection because I do see the same on 9.1.2 but I do not have any device pack installed yet.  I will install it and report the results.

Cisco Employee

On 9.1(2) after installing the latest device pack which was released on 13-NOV-2013 I now can select the phone button template.  Once I get your device pack version I'll look into this some more because the 8831 release notes do say that the 8831 is supported on CUCM 7.1(5) with the latest device back which was released 14-MAY-2013.

Cisco Employee

On 7.1(5) after installing cmterm-devicepack7.1.5.36121-2.cop.sgn, I do see the phone button template correctly when adding a new 8831.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for going the extra mile here and labbing this up my friend!

This type of superior service goes a very long way

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

thank you! i appreciate your awesome knowledge and help!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content