Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 7.1.5 CAR Mail Parameters and Scheduler Setting

I'm going to setup a regular report from CAR, my CUCM version is 7.1.5. But I don't know what is the password I should enter here as from document it says CAR does not support SMTP authentication, detail I pasted below. 

In addition, if I don't set the "Mail Parameters" in CAR and start the scheduler, where will be the report stored and how to get it? Appreciated your help, thanks!

Mail Id*  
Password 
Confirm Password 
Mail Domain*  
Mail Server Name*  
  • Choose System > System Parameters > Mail Parameters.

The Mail Parameters window displays.

• In the Mail ID field, only enter the e-mail identifier that will be used in the From field when e-mails are sent (for example, smith1@abc.com, enter smith1 in the Mail ID field.

Note : CAR does not support SMTP authentication. You must disable authentication on the SMTP mail server.

• In the Mail Server Name field, enter the domain name for the server that runs the e-mail system (that is, abc.com from the example in Step 2).

• To make the changes, click the Update button.
  • IP Telephony
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Jay,Please check the

Hi Jay,

Please check the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/5_1_3/car/car/carsycfg.html#wp1092290

Step 1 Choose System > System Parameters > Mail Parameters.

Step 2 In the Mail ID field, enter the e-mail identifier that will be used in the From field when e-mails are sent.

Step 3 In the Password field, enter the password that is used to access the server that is running the e-mail system.

Note CAR does not authenticate the user ID and password. You must disable authentication on the mail server or enter a valid user ID and password.

Step 4 In the Confirm Password field, enter the same password from Step 3 to confirm.

Step 5 In the Mail Domain field, enter the domain name for the server that is running the e-mail system.

Step 6 In the Mail Server Name field, enter the name or IP address of the server that is running the e-mail system.

Step 7 To make the changes, click the Update button.

HTH

Manish

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Jay,Please check the

Hi Jay,

Please check the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/5_1_3/car/car/carsycfg.html#wp1092290

Step 1 Choose System > System Parameters > Mail Parameters.

Step 2 In the Mail ID field, enter the e-mail identifier that will be used in the From field when e-mails are sent.

Step 3 In the Password field, enter the password that is used to access the server that is running the e-mail system.

Note CAR does not authenticate the user ID and password. You must disable authentication on the mail server or enter a valid user ID and password.

Step 4 In the Confirm Password field, enter the same password from Step 3 to confirm.

Step 5 In the Mail Domain field, enter the domain name for the server that is running the e-mail system.

Step 6 In the Mail Server Name field, enter the name or IP address of the server that is running the e-mail system.

Step 7 To make the changes, click the Update button.

HTH

Manish

VIP Purple

Hi Jay, In addition to what

Hi Jay,

In addition to what Manish has said[+5], you can also refer the link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11752821/cdr-reporting

regds,

aman

Views
Helpful
Replies