Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1.5 permissions and roles

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm running CUCM 7.1.5 and I have a question in regards to permissions and roles for a new Help Desk group I'm creating.

What am looking to do with this Help Desk Group is for them to only have the ability to add phones, edit phones, add new end users.

So what I have done is, created a new user group called "Help Desk" and added the following "Standard CCM Admin User" and "Standard CCM User Management". After I did that I assigned the certain people to that group.

My only worry is that after I added them to this group is that they have the ability to change their own permissions under "User Management" --> "End User" --> "Permissions Information".  Meaning that they can make themselves admin of everything if they know what they are doing.

Is there anyway to limit the permissions information?

Thank You

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One of my colleagues opened a case on this some time back, and was told by Cisco that this is per design.  I agree that this is not right, but Cisco considers this working as designed, you could open a feature enhancement with them. Sorry.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: