Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 call hunting to route patterns

Kane Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'd like to set up a mechanism in CallManager where I can dial an internal number and this is then forwarded to route pattern A which points to a SIP trunk. If the device at the other end doesn't respond, then I want the call to be forwarded to a second route pattern which which goes out to another SIP trunk. As I have a SIP route pattern configured for the same trunk (this is required for my solution), I can't unfortunately use route groups. i.e if you configure a SIP trunk and assign it to a route group and then you try to put the same SIP trunk in a SIP route pattern, you get an "Add Failed" message as shown in the attachment.

Any ideas guys?

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is not possible. Route groups are designed for this purpose. If you have a requirement that cant utilize route groups, then you may be over engineering a solution. Can you elaborate more on why you cant use route groups?

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Hi, thanks for your response.

We need a SIP route pattern because the 3rd party server at the end of the SIP trunk uses SIP URI dialling when it talks back to the CallManager.

The requirements are that the call must first go over the SIP trunk to the 3rd party SIP server. If there is no response, then an alternate destination must be tried by the CallManager. This can be another SIP trunk to a second SIP server or it can be an DN internal to the CallManager.

Route groups can't be used because if a SIP trunk in configured and then assigned to a route group, the same SIP trunk can not then be referenced in a SIP route pattern.

In other words for communication to work with the 3rd party SIP server,

Step 1: The SIP trunk must be referenced directly by a route pattern.

Step 2: The SIP trunk must be referenced by a SIP route pattern.

We won't need route groups if the second destination is internal to the CallManager.

However, how do we hunt with 1 - Route pattern to SIP Trunk and then 2 - Internal DN?

Route groups can't be used because if a SIP trunk in configured and then assigned to a route group, the same SIP trunk can not then be referenced in a SIP route pattern.

You add trunks to RGs, then, to RLs, then use those in RPs.

And you can re-use those RLs as many times as you wish, with as many RPs as you have.

There's no method to send the call via a RP and then pull it back, that would need to be done at the other end, re-routing the call back to CUCM as a new call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your response. If you look at the attached JPG, you will see that the CCM doesn't let me add the SIP route pattern. Please take note that this is not a normal route pattern but it is a SIP route pattern used for routing using SIP URIs.

If you create the SIP route pattern first and then try to add the SIP trunk to a route group, the SIP trunk doesn't appear in the list of available devices....

If you use a SIP trunk (or any kind of trunk for that matter) directly in a route pattern, it won't be available for a RG.

Remove it from there, and use it in the RG, so then you can use it as many times as you like.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks again Jaime,

So how do I configure a SIP Route Pattern and point it to a route group as per this new screenshot? The only options are trunks.

What's the exact CUCM version??

I'm looking at my 9.1(2) from the lab and I have SIP trunk/route list and not just sip trunk

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Its CCM version 7.1.

Unfortunately this version doesn't support the sending of SIP Options PING and therefore we have no way of knowing if that trunk goes down. That is the reason why I'm having to find a workaround.

Hi Kane

Can you share with us in details , 3rd part URL?. How can SIP route pattern help you in this case?.Because as above no way to select your SIP trunk on SIP route pattern then reuse it on your RG.

Thank you

please rate all useful information