Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 Cannot start 'A Cisco DB' service

Hi

I have see a lot of posts here related to this issue But i decided to open a new one for many reasons

First i tried to logging to the administration page and i saw ((database communication error))

i checked into cli and i found the Cisco DB service down

i tried to start it but with out success

Note:

we have ONLY one CUCM

We didnt change the ip address of CUCM

WITH THE RECOVERY DISC MAY SOLVE THE PROBLEM?

Command Line Interface is starting up, please wait ...

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/log/active/platform/log/cli.bin (Read-only file system)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:212)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.fappend.ciscoRollingFileAppender.restoreIndex(ciscoRollingFileAppender.java:100)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.fappend.ciscoRollingFileAppender.setFile(ciscoRollingFileAppender.java:43)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperty(PropertySetter.java:196)

at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperty(PropertySetter.java:155)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.setParameter(DOMConfigurator.java:530)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseAppender(DOMConfigurator.java:182)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByName(DOMConfigurator.java:140)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByReference(DOMConfigurator.java:153)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseChildrenOfLoggerElement(DOMConfigurator.java:415)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseRoot(DOMConfigurator.java:384)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parse(DOMConfigurator.java:783)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:666)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:616)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:584)

at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.configure(DOMConfigurator.java:687)

at sdMain.main(sdMain.java:582)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.cisco.iptplatform.fappend.ciscoRollingFileAppender.updateIndex(ciscoRollingFileAppender.java:117)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.fappend.ciscoRollingFileAppender.nextFileName(ciscoRollingFileAppender.java:92)

at com.cisco.iptplatform.fappend.ciscoRollingFileAppender.append(ciscoRollingFileAppender.java:74)

at org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton.doAppend(AppenderSkeleton.java:221)

at org.apache.log4j.helpers.AppenderAttachableImpl.appendLoopOnAppenders(AppenderAttachableImpl.java:57)

at org.apache.log4j.Category.callAppenders(Category.java:187)

at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:372)

at org.apache.log4j.Category.info(Category.java:674)

at sdMain.main(sdMain.java:596)

log4j:ERROR No output stream or file set for the appender named [CLI_LOG].

Welcome to the Platform Command Line Interface

admin:

regards

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly, you will need to use the Recovery disk. My suggestion would be to consult Cisco TAC ( which you must have done already since you didnt get any response from netpro ) who will help you with the recovery. This issue occurs due to CUCM DB files getting corrupt. In worst case, the CUCM needs rebuilt too.

Nothing to scare you but to tell you the facts.

Good Luck & do keep us posted.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly, you will need to use the Recovery disk. My suggestion would be to consult Cisco TAC ( which you must have done already since you didnt get any response from netpro ) who will help you with the recovery. This issue occurs due to CUCM DB files getting corrupt. In worst case, the CUCM needs rebuilt too.

Nothing to scare you but to tell you the facts.

Good Luck & do keep us posted.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Hi

Thank you for the reply

I have followed the recovery prosedure and everything its ok now

Regards

Chrysostomos

Sent from my iPhone

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Glad to hear that everything is okay now.

Happy Holidays !!

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: