Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

CUCM 7.1 to 8.6 Upgrade- when to add License?

Hi All,

Hope find someone to help me, I have CUCM 7.1 cluster with One Pub and two Subs all on discontinued Servers, I need to upgrade to 8.6 in UCS.

I already Upgraded 7.1 to 8.6( Just Publisher) and then did DRS.now I need to restore it to the new CUCM 8.6 on UCS.

Should I import license on the new 8.6 and then  restore backup or I should first restore backup and then add license? I have found some people here saying we should Restore the backup then add license.

Also if you have a CUCM cluster with DEMO license and you restore backup containing 10000 DLUs, What Would happen?

I just did upgrade on Publisher, then Get the DRS but cisco saying we should upgrade all Nodes and then get DRS? Why is that? I am not using the discontinued MCS server why I should upgrade all nodes to get the DRS.

My Last question: how I can get the backup from the license currently on the cucm, I lost the original License and now I want to get the backup of it.

Thanks,

Hamed

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: CUCM 7.1 to 8.6 Upgrade- when to add License?

License on UCS is different, if you already have it it does not matter when you install it before or after the restore.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content