Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.1 upgrade from DLU to UCSS

Anatoly Fanrus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are upgrading CUCM 7.1 (DLU) to 9.1 (UCSS).

I dont know what will be with licensing CUCM after upgrade. Do i need upload new license or dont,
We have got all license but i dont see any PAK.

Help me please.

With best regards,

Anatoly

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think you are confusing the terms here.

UCL is a licensing model, CUWL is the other.

UCSS is software assurance smartnet support. In order to be eligible for major upgrades such as 7.1 to 9.1 you need active UCSS against your current version. When CUCM licenses (CUWL or UCL) were purchased were they purchased with UCSS and were the UCSS PAKs registered properly? 

If you go to PUT tool do you see proper upgrade for your versions?

Chris

Hi Fanrus,

In addition to explaination by Mr. Chris[+5], UCSS is required for major upgrades like upgrading call manager from version 7 to 8 or 9. You need to activate the UCSS before u can order through PUT [Product Upgrade Tool]. Prior to activating UCSS, u need to have a valid ESW contract as well.

While UCL, DLU and CUWL are related to licensing.

From Call manager version 7.1.5 , UCL was introduced. Prior to that DLU was there.

CUWL stands for Cisco Unified WorkSpace Licensing.CUWL comes in Standard and Professional while UCL has Essentoial , Basic and Enhanced versions.CUWL offers bundled which has voice mail included.

you can refer link for  UCL http://media.gswi.westcon.com/media/Website%20OneX/website%202010/Cisco%20User%20Connect%20Licensing%20-%20FAQ.pdf

for CUWL, u can refer

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps9156/product_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.html

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: