cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 DND Reject operation

jsteinberg
Level 5
Level 5

URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsdnd.html#wp1073696

I was under the assumption that the new DND-Reject feature in CUCM 7 would provide a 'send all calls' type feature where when activated, calls placed to the DN would take the CFWD busy route.

However, the newly released CUCM 7 release notes state that when DND-Reject is activated, calls to the DN give a busy signal to the calling party.

Anyone have any idea why this feature does this? I thought this DND-R feature would cause calls to follow the cfwdbusy route.

Any ideas on whether we can change this functionality?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just tested, Justin, and it worked for me. The phone with DND enabled didn't ring (I set it to flash once instead), and the CFB setting was followed. I also noted that if you have both CFB and CFNA, the CFB is what is followed. If you only have CFNA and no CFB, the caller gets a busy tone.

Hope this helps.

Michael.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Justin,

The feature actually works as you stated it should. The caller gets a busy tone only if there is no CFB setting configured on the line. If there is a CFB setting on the line and other shared lines, then it is indeed honored, and the call routed immediately to the CFB destination.

The documentation could use some improvement because by not specifically stating the behavior with regards to CFB, it may cause confusion. I'll see if we can have the documentation updated accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Justin - +5 points for spotting this opportunity to improve the documentation!

Ha - Please post again so we can rate.

Regards,

Michael.

Michael,

thanks for the information, I hope this is just a documentation oversight.

In talking to a coworker about this, he tells me that when he tests this functionality - even with CFWDBUSY destination configured that he receives a busy signal on the phone.

Could you test this yourself to test the functionality?

I just tested, Justin, and it worked for me. The phone with DND enabled didn't ring (I set it to flash once instead), and the CFB setting was followed. I also noted that if you have both CFB and CFNA, the CFB is what is followed. If you only have CFNA and no CFB, the caller gets a busy tone.

Hope this helps.

Michael.

excellent. thanks for the quick response!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: