Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 7, howto update DirectoryNumber/ Line fields of a users phone?

A (large) BAT import of users device profiles + users is wrong:

The fields within the callforward bussy/no answer etc is wrong.

To redo this I have 2 options:

remove *) all UDPs + Users manualy and re import these,

or do an update.

But it looks like I cannot use a BAT file to say what UDPs I want to update!??!?!

Do I miss a menu item, or....

thanks!

Guido

*) I can upload a file with the UDP numbers to delete a UDP and user.

BUT the DN's are not deleted. How can that be done with BAT?

6 REPLIES
Super Bronze

CUCM 7, howto update DirectoryNumber/ Line fields of a users pho

Hi

The BAT UDP options aren't very flexible.

If you can, do the delete/re-add as it will be easier. You don't need to delete the DNs as such, the fields you put in the BAT file will overwrite fields on the DNs.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately, that is not true.

re-Insert UDP or USER does not overwrite, but generates an error.

UDP: DEVICE :: Error : Could not insert new row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX column.

USER: Could not insert new row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX column

An 'update users' works, but that function is not available at the BAT-UDP page

Do I miss something?

Deleting is an option, but also not by hand. Uploading a file with DNs to delete is not available.

Super Bronze

Hi

You said:

*) I can upload a file with the UDP numbers to delete a UDP and user.

BUT the DN's are not deleted. How can that be done with BAT?

I said:

do the delete/re-add as it will be easier. You don't need to delete the DNs as such

So delete the UDPs and users that you have imported, and re-add them. The DNs do not need to be deleted, but the UDPs and users do.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Aha, I missed that part!

I tried it, but it doesn't work. Do I miss something....?

This is what I did, maybe you see something wrong?

I deleted the UDP + User. I left the DN alone.
BAT:
upload file 'UDP.txt' -> target -> UDP -> Insert UDP - Specific Details
upload file 'users.txt' -> target -> Users -> Insert Users

User Device Profiles -> Insert UDP
Insert User Device Profiles Specific Details 'UDP.txt', with the corresponding template -> Run Immediately
******** NO ERROR FOUND ********
Result Summary :
INSERT for 1 USER DEVICE PROFILES passed.
After 'complete' ->

User Device Profiles -> Insert users
File Name 'users.txt', with the corresponding template -> Run Immediately
******** NO ERROR FOUND ********
Result Summary :
INSERT for 1 USERS passed.

But within the DN, all settings are the same, so not changed.

I had 2 Associated Devices and thought that was it, but when I removed the second one and redid all steps: same reult.

Guido

Super Bronze

Hi

What properties are you trying to change with the new BAT file? What values are you trying to use?

You could delete the DNs as well but there's not an easy way with BAT - once the UDPs are deleted the DNs would be 'unassigned' (unless they are shared) so you can go to Call Routing/Route Plan Report, then list all 'Unassigned DNs', and delete them from that list.

Aaron

Hi,

DEVICE PROFILE NAME,DESCRIPTION,DIRECTORY NUMBER  1,LINE DESCRIPTION  1,ALERTING NAME  1,ASCII ALERTING NAME  1,DISPLAY  1,ASCII DISPLAY  1,LINE TEXT LABEL  1,ASCII LINE TEXT LABEL  1,AUTO ANSWER  1,EXTERNAL PHONE NUMBER MASK  1,LINE CSS  1,MAXIMUM NUMBER OF CALLS  1,BUSY TRIGGER  1,VOICE MAIL PROFILE  1,CALL PICKUP GROUP  1,SECONDARY CSS FOR FORWARD ALL  1,FORWARD ALL CSS  1,FORWARD ALL DESTINATION  1,FORWARD BUSY EXTERNAL CSS  1,FORWARD BUSY EXTERNAL DESTINATION  1,FORWARD BUSY INTERNAL CSS  1,FORWARD BUSY INTERNAL DESTINATION  1,FORWARD NO ANSWER EXTERNAL CSS  1,FORWARD NO ANSWER EXTERNAL DESTINATION  1,FORWARD NO ANSWER INTERNAL CSS  1,FORWARD NO ANSWER INTERNAL DESTINATION  1,FORWARD NO COVERAGE INTERNAL DESTINATION  1,FORWARD NO COVERAGE INTERNAL CSS  1,FORWARD NO COVERAGE EXTERNAL DESTINATION  1,FORWARD NO COVERAGE EXTERNAL CSS  1,FORWARD NO ANSWER RING DURATION  1,FORWARD ON CTI FAILURE DESTINATION  1,FORWARD ON CTI FAILURE CSS  1,FORWARD UNREGISTERED INTERNAL DESTINATION  1,FORWARD UNREGISTERED INTERNAL CSS  1,FORWARD UNREGISTERED EXTERNAL DESTINATION  1,FORWARD UNREGISTERED EXTERNAL CSS  1,SPEED DIAL NUMBER 1,SPEED DIAL LABEL 1,SPEED DIAL LABEL ASCII 1,SPEED DIAL NUMBER 2,SPEED DIAL LABEL 2,SPEED DIAL LABEL ASCII 2

I just re-apply these, altough I only need to change all CSS values. But I think I have no choice if I previously deleted the UDPs.

I found more strange BAT file behavior things.

CUCM works as it should be, but Cisco has some big issues: no correct BAT file import or export options for *all* menuitems, like the DN's.

Updating now by first deleting the UDP's and users is not a problem, but it will be after some time with big changes on administration and user changes level it will be a no go to do this.

But "list all 'Unassigned DN" is just where I was looking for.

So for now: thanks for helping!

Guido

Views
Helpful
Replies