Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 Licencisng

Lulzim Islami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I did installation of 2 CUCM 7.1.5 today, and licensing on publisher went OK, but for somereason subscriber is not getting the license.

Here is the output from CLI command from the subscriber:

admin:file list install *
2010-08-23 17:03:35,008 INFO  [ClassExecutionThread] cli.CliSettings - VMware = false
<dir>   hssi_errors

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have the serial number of the server you may be able to use that.  You can open a case by phone too if you call your local number below:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/687/Directory/DirTAC.shtml

--Matt

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You install ALL the licenses in the licensing server which is usually the PUB.

If you ordered any license with a MAC other than the one from the licensing server you need to reach licensing (licensing@cisco.com) so they can rehost them.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

When i sent Product Aktivation Key I did one with Publisher's MAC address and one with Subscriber's MAC address. Are you saying that both licences should be activeted with PUB's MAC?

Thank you,

Yes, that's correct

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

One more question,

What if the publisher fail, how the licences will be known by subscriber when all of them are attached to the Publisher's MAC address?

Thanks for the help.

Hi

The licenses are installed on the publisher, and changes can only be made on the publisher; the licenses are used when you activate a CCM service or add a phone. If your publisher is gone, you can't make changes until you replace the publisher and rebuild from backup.

When that happens you would send your license files to the TAC LIcensing team who would reassign the licenses to your new publisher's MAC address.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I sent an email to licensing@cisco.com but so far nobody hasn't answered me. Does this process usually takes long time or I'm knocking on a wrong door?

Thanks,

Hi

They're often quiet quick, but sometimes not.

I generally go to the TAC Support Request tool and raise a case there, picking the 'Licensing' sub category for whatever product it is. I've no doubt it goes to the same team, but like to have the TAC case number to make chasing progress easier.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

To open a case it is requiring Service Contract number, which for now I don't have it.

Any other workaround?

Thanks,

If you have the serial number of the server you may be able to use that.  You can open a case by phone too if you call your local number below:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/687/Directory/DirTAC.shtml

--Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: