Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 7 on ESXi 5 - cannot install

Hello all!

I have a trouble which confuse me a lot.

I tried to install 2 different versions of CUCM 7 (7.0 and 7.1) on my ESXi 5.

I used: 1 CPU, 3GB of RAM, 160 GB of HD, SCSI LSI Logic Parallel

and every attempt was stopped by Critical Error:

The installation has encountered a unrecoverable internal  error. For futher assistance report the following information to your  support provider.

Command
"/usr/local/bin/base_scripts/pmNormalizeGeneric/tmp/ipmWorkFile" has exceeded timed threshold of 90 seconds

The System will now halt.

I try to install the lab for preparing to the lab.

Can you tell me where I'm wrong?

Everyone's tags (5)
3 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Hi

Some versions of 7.x won't install in VMware... however they usually report a hardware incompatibility.

Did you specify a valid NTP server during the install?? You'll often see errors like that in VMware if you don't have one, and it's not enforced/tested during install like in v8.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Sergey,

Please refer the table "VMware vSphere ESXi Version Support for Call Processing and System Management Applications"

in the below link,

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements

ESXi is supported with below  CUCM versions,

8.0(2+), 8.5(x), 8.6(x), 9.0(x)

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Cisco Employee

Hi Sergey,

There is a defect which talks about this error:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsg78450

CSCsg78450            Bug Details

Install fails when pmNormalizeGeneric exceeds 90 second threshold

Symptom:
Install fails with an error about /usr/local/bin/base_scripts/pmNormalizeGeneric has exceeded timed threshold

Conditions:
This  happens when there is a media error on the DVD that prevents reading  the DVD.  We have also seen it happen during an network outage when  installing over then network.

Workaround:
Please  try a different DVD or CD drive.  Or, if installing over the network  please review all firewall, MTU, NAT or other applicable settings.

Worth a try.

Regards,

Harmit.

-- Regards, Harmit.
Views
Helpful
Replies