cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7.X Multiple Device Firmware loads

oscar.perez
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have more than one IP Phone Device Firmware load on the FTP folder? Everytime I upload a different firmware load, the previous version is overwritten. I need to have 2 different loads at the same time and upgrade some specific phones with old firmware versions that doesn't support a direct upgrade to the latest version that I am using.

Thanks in advanced.

Oscar Perez

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

These are the instructions on upgrading. You will then need to go to administration and change the default phone load back to the old load. You can verify that multiple loads exist via TFTP Management.

For Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 (and later), you must do all software installations and upgrades by using the Software Upgrades menu options. The system can upload and process only software that Cisco Systems approved. You cannot install or use third-party or Windows-based software applications that you may have been using with a previous version of Cisco Unified CallManager with Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0.

1. Using your web browser, login to the Cisco Unified OS Administration web page

2. Under the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.

3. Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section for the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

4. In the Available Software drop-down box, select the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

5. After validating the MD5 has the correct value, click Next.

6. In the Warning box, verify you have selected the correct firmware, then click Install.

7. Check that you received a Success message.

8. Login to Cisco Unified CM Serviceability web page.

9. Under the Tools menu, select Control Center - Feature Services.

10. Select the Cisco Tftp service, and click on the Restart button.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sysjes
Level 1
Level 1

add the new phone load and set the default back to the old phone load. Set your new phone load on the phone. It should not delete the old firmware.

You can go to the OS administration and look for the loads in tftp file management.

but the tftp management does not control Device Firmware loads, my understand is that you have to install the firmware load via the install/Upgrade using either sFTP or FTP. Not sure if I am wrong with this.

Thanks,

Oscar Perez

These are the instructions on upgrading. You will then need to go to administration and change the default phone load back to the old load. You can verify that multiple loads exist via TFTP Management.

For Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 (and later), you must do all software installations and upgrades by using the Software Upgrades menu options. The system can upload and process only software that Cisco Systems approved. You cannot install or use third-party or Windows-based software applications that you may have been using with a previous version of Cisco Unified CallManager with Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0.

1. Using your web browser, login to the Cisco Unified OS Administration web page

2. Under the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.

3. Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section for the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

4. In the Available Software drop-down box, select the file you downloaded above, and click Next.

5. After validating the MD5 has the correct value, click Next.

6. In the Warning box, verify you have selected the correct firmware, then click Install.

7. Check that you received a Success message.

8. Login to Cisco Unified CM Serviceability web page.

9. Under the Tools menu, select Control Center - Feature Services.

10. Select the Cisco Tftp service, and click on the Restart button.

You are absolutely right, the file list under TFTP management is really big and I wasn't able to find the other firmware loads. Now I can manipulate which phones and which firmware use for upgrades and updates.

Thanks for your assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: