Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 7.x Route Pattern Questions

Hi, I'm new in CUCM and i'm working on my lab with the CUCM 7.x Business Edition on VMWare and the Cisco IP Communicator by now. I have configure a ISR2821 as a MGCP Gateway (which also has a VIC2-4FXO card).

Right now I'm defining the route patter to do calls from my PC to outside the PSTN.

My IP Communicator has configured two lines 1000 and 1001. When I try to call the 1001 from the 1000 the soft-phone starts to ring immediately. This happens without configure the route patterns.

Once I configure a route pattern (i.e: !) all the calls, internal and out the PSTN has the T302 timer delay (for my case is set at 5000ms). So if I want to call the 1001 from the 1000 I have to wait 5 seconds to receive the Ring-in at the 1001 line. The same for the calls made out the PSTN.

Later I add the # symbol in the route patter  (i.e: !#) to get the call routed immediately I press the # symbol without the need to wait the T302 timer to finish, but the result was the same.

So, I have tow questions:

1. Why does the internal calls have a delay (T302) when I configure a Route Pattern? It does not suppose to work the same with or without the route pattern, at last, are internal calls.

2. I have understood that the '#' symbol works marking the end of the number dialed, and this was usefull in the case I don´t want to wait for the T302 timer to finish. How does this wildcard actually work??

Thanks and Regards

• IP Telephony
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: CUCM 7.x Route Pattern Questions

They have delay because you have both ! and 1001 as options. Since ! is an option, the system will wait for the IDT to expire.

You should only use ! for international calls and it should be 9.011!. Not just ! as a pattern.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies