Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 8.0.2 - Disaster Recovery Backup Device: Accepts IP but not DNS Name

Hey all,

I am running CUCM version 8.0.2.40000-1. The SFTP server being used is Bitvise SSH server for Windows. I'm trying to set up a Disaster Recovery Backup device with the DNS name, but it's not working. For example, if I put the DNS name (example:neo.matrix.ca) in the "Server name" field with all the credentials, it gives me this error:

Update failed : Unable to access SFTP server or SFTP server too slow to respond. Please make sure the login credentials and path are correct.

However, when I use the IP address of that server with the same credentials, it works. And I can run a backup just fine. So I checked if CUCM can ping the DNS name from the command line, and that works. So CUCM is resolving the name to IP just fine. The Unity Connection and Contact Centre servers we have accept the DNS name just fine. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

CUCM 8.0.2 - Disaster Recovery Backup Device: Accepts IP but not

Hi Ceci,

DRS guide says

DRS only supports SFTP servers                       that are configured with an IPv4 address or hostname/Fully Qualified Domain                       Name (FQDN).  Enter the following required information:

• Server name: Name or IP address of the network server
  • Path name: Path name for the directory where you want to                                 store the backup file
  • User name: Valid username for an account on the remote                                 system
  • Password: Valid password for the account on the remote                                 system
  • Number of backups to store on Network Directory: The                                 number of backups to store on this network directory.              

which means it is possible.

Which SFTP software u are using? if possible, try with another sftp s/w.

regds,

aman

CUCM 8.0.2 - Disaster Recovery Backup Device: Accepts IP but not

Hey Aman,

We're using Bitvise SSH server for Windows.

Thanks,

John

Views
Helpful
Replies