Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.0 - Problem with the database

Dany Fortin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a problem with the database of our CallManager 8.0.3.22900-5.

I remember that in previous version, there was DbWalker to help correct this problem with my current version is there an application that would help me ?

I have the distinct impression that we have a problème with delimiter fields.

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there's no app, you use the utils dbreplication commands from CLI.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/8_0_2/cli_ref_802.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are dbreplication commands on CLI and your can check the status from RTMT and Unfied Reporting, here is good doc on appliance based CUCM dbreplication:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672

HTH,

Chris

"utils dbreplication runtimestate" will run and will provide you the exact DB status with all SUBs. If you see other than "2" in relication DB status then you have DB problem.

-Murali

When I ran "utils dbreplication runtimestate", I had a status "2" for DB replication status.

admin:utils dbreplication runtimestate

DB and Replication Services: ALL RUNNING

Cluster Replication State: BROADCAST SYNC Completed on 2 servers at: 2012-11-20-19-51
     Last Sync Result: SYNC COMPLETED  519 tables sync'ed out of 519
     Sync Errors: 1 Errors or failures were found
     Use this command to see the output - file view

activelog /cm/trace/dbl/2012_11_20_19_50_09_dbl_repl_cdr_Broadcast.log

DB Version: ccm8_0_3_22900_5
Number of replicated tables: 519

Cluster Detailed View from PUB (3 Servers):

PING             REPLICATION REPL.   DBver&  REPL.   REPLICATION SETUP
SERVER-NAME  IP ADDRESS   (msec) RPC?  STATUS          QUEUE TABLES  LOOP?   (RTMT) & details
-----------     ------------    ------  ----    -----------     -----   ------- -----   -----------------
pubccm01           ###.##.##.##    0.031   Yes     Connected        0           match   N/A     (2) PUB Setup Completed
subccm02           ###.##.##.##    0.181   Yes     Connected        0           match   N/A     (2) Setup Completed
subccm01          ###.##.##.##     4.17     Yes     Connected        0           match   N/A     (2) Setup Completed

And in the file /cm/trace/dbl/2012_11_20_19_50_09_dbl_repl_cdr_Broadcast.log

I have

Setting Partial - numcommand failed -- Template is already realized

admin:show perf query class "Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication"
==>query class :

- Perf class (Number of Replicates Created and State of Replication) has instances and values:
    ReplicateCount  -> Number of Replicates Created   = 519
    ReplicateCount  -> Replicate_State                = 2

Dany,

Everything is fine from database prospecitve looks ok.

What's exactly the issue you are facing or trying to get ?

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What exactly is your issue?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Dany,

Dbwalker used in Cisco Unity not for CUCM for any database issue in CUCM, you have to follow the procedure as said by Chris and Jamie in this thread.

"The Cisco Unity Directory Walker (DbWalker)  utility checks each call handler, subscriber, subscriber template,  interview handler, location object, and directory object in the  Cisco Unity database for missing values, broken links, and other  problems. DbWalker must be run on the Cisco Unity server"

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi Dany,

your replication seems to be good since the value is 2.

Hard to say about the error u are getting .Suggest opening TAC case .

Hi Nadeem,

I remember using DBWalker is also used in Call Manager 4.x.

regds,

aman

Hi Nadeem,

My mistake....

It is DBHelper which is used in CUCM  not DBWalker.

regds,

aman

When I want to delete a Voice Mail Profile that is no longer used. It does not remove himself. If I look at the Dependency, the system gives me 13 Device template and 20 Directory Numbers.

If I explode 20 Directory Number Dependency, I get a strange result.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: