cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.0.X Upgrade Media

btanjutco
Level 1
Level 1

I had CCM 4.1.3 and needed to upgrade to version 8.0(2c). I ran the DMA for CCM 7.1.2 and was able to get the tar file. The customer ordered new hardware and it came with CUCM 8.0.X System Installation DVD and System Recovery DVD. The other media that usually come with the server like Upgrade DVD is not included anymore.

Anyway, I am currently running CUCM 7.1(2a) and need to upgrade to CUCM 8.0.X.Do you know if the upgrade files are now included in the System Installation DVD?

Is upgrading to version 8.0.X as simple as going to the OS Admin Page>Software Upgrade and then running the CUCM 8.0.X System Install DVD or is the upgrade media separate and have to be ordered thru the Cisco PUT tool?

1 Reply 1

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Yes,

Insert the CUCM 8.0.X System Install DVD in the server drive and select the Software Upgrade from the OS web page.

The 8.0 software will be installed to the inactive partition. When the install is complete you need to restart the server using the switch version option to make version 8.0 active.

You will then need to install the version 8.0 license file and you are done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: