Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5.1 ip phone 7800

Garay Gutierrez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have CUCM 8.5.1.10000-26, and I need to install ip phone 7821, but I don't have the device to add it to Call Manager.

mi question is What is the release 8.5.1 that I have to update to get this ip phone in the devices.

and where in www.cisco.com can I found the compatibility matrix for 8.5.1 with IP Phones

thank you very much for your help

17 Replies 17

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/devpack_comp_mtx.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime

thanks a lot

very helpful

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a query,

I see the download file is 1021 MB, will the following patch upload helps me to solve this?

7821/7841/7861 SIP IP Phone load signed COP file - Compatible CUCM Versions: 8.5(1)+  
cmterm-78xx.10-2-1-12SR1-4.cop.sgn

Regards,

Siva.

Hi Siva,

I doubt that you will get an option to add 78XX phone by uploading above firmware.

you can try that else upload latest device pack .After that u can upgrade to latest firmware.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

cmterm-78xx.10-2-1-12SR1-4.cop.sgn has been uploaded to cucm, but still the phone shows phone not registered.

i tried to add manually, but whats the phone type i should select ?

Please help.

Siva.

did u restart tftp service?

regds,

aamn

Yes i did.

we have pair of CUCM (publisher and subscriber), i done the installation only for cucm-pub, should i need to do this for sub too?

Cisco TftpStartedActivatedTue Dec 2 17:32:57 20140 days 00:00:09

Not required as of now.

I still doubt that you need to upload DP on PUB,restart it and 78xx should regsiter.

Do the same exercise for SUB as well.

regds,

aman

Done for SUB, but no luck.

I could not see the phone type 7821 on device default page.

Hi Aman,

Can i try your first option, since this not workout.

"you can download the device pack 8.5(1.17126) from link

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?i=!y&mdfid=283423434&softwareid=282074299&release=8.5(1.17122)&os=

refer table 2: compatible devices

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074299/114019/cmterm-devicepack8_5_1_17126_1_Release_Notes.pdf

regds,

aman"

Hi

I installed this package cmterm-devicepack8.5.1.17122-1.cop.sgn, from link indicated by  Jaime Valencia. (select cmterm-DP 8.5.1  April 1,2014)

after succesful installation (to install in pub and sub), I reset tftp server, but it didnt work (the device exist in device default but not register)

then I had to reset the cluster (first publisher after suscriber).

after that it works fine.

and the firmware is sip78xx.10-1-1SR1-4

regards

When you are adding support for a new device , the cluster needs a reboot after installing the file. For firmware upgrade scenarios a restart of TFTP is sufficient.

HTH

Manish

upload dp in both servers and restart them
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: