Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 and CUCM 6.1 in the same enterprise

sumesh.un
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can I integrate two sites of an enterprise (each with its own dedicated publisher  and voice gateways)but one running CUCM 6.1.3 (DLU licensing) and a new site that will run CUCM 8.6  (User Connect Licenseing)?

Need to have intra company calling happening over the MPLS WAN between the sites.Are there any bugs/ issues /limitations?

Rgds

Sumesh

5 Replies 5

p.mcgowan
Level 3
Level 3

if you have 2 seperate CUCM clusters they can be connected together via an inter-cluster trunk;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmsys/a08trnk.pdf

you will need to be careful you don't have overlapping number ranges, if you do you will need to configure translations

pleae rate if helpful

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sumesh,

You can use a non-gatekeeper controlled ICT between two CUCM clusters.

You can use a site/accesscode for each site, then configure different

Route Patterns like 7XXXX to site A and 8XXXX to site B and send the calls

to the corresponding ICT.

When using Non gatekeeper controlled ICT a site code will be used to

distinguish the extensions across the ICT. When using gatekeeper controlled ICT zone prefix will be used to send the calls in different zones.

Regards,

Tere.

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks Tere

I hope the version mismatch will not create a problem here?

Rgds

Sumesh

No it won't you can totally integrate different CUCM versions with the ICT, just keep in mind there will be features on 8.6 that are not supported on 6.1, but calls between them should work just fine.

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

binhtngu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I've configured ICT's for integration between three clusters of different version 8.5(1), 7.1(5), and 6.1(3), and they are all working fine without any issues in call processing so far.