Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 and phone installations

yeow_km
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM 8.5 in my environment.

How many physical IP phones can I install/setup ?

Is there any license limitations ?

In the CUCM licensing unit report, its says that I have 1000 units authorized and I have 750 units remaining.

since the system is saying that I used up 250 units ?

under 7945, current number of devices is 37, and number of units consumed is 148.

how is the number number of units consumed calculated ?

15 Replies 15

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

If you go to License Unit Calculator  it will show what phone consume how much of units.

I believe your 50 phones are consuming 5 units per phone which comes to 250. 250 + 750 ( remaining units ) = 1000

You can add phones will your unit remaingin is 0.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

My manager is concern that we will run our of license.

what abt the following license ?

I have the following license for 50 units each.

LIC-UWL-STD

UCSS-UWL-STD

LIC-UWL-ENTRY

UCSS-UWL-ENTRY

CUP-85-UWL-USR

LIC-UWL-ENTRY1

LIC-UWL-STD1

UCXN8-UWL-USR

Hi Yeow,

Please open the License unit calculator page from CUCM admin->Licensing page.

Here in this page, watch out for,

Type of Licensed Device,                                  Units Consumed per Device   , Number of Units Consumed

From this the 7945 series phones consume 4 units, check for any other devices which are registered to this CUCM and untis being consumed.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

So am I right to say that I can install phones until the 1000 units is up, without worrying abt the license being used up ?

Hi,

Yes you are correct..

You can install phone till the 1000 units are consumed.

Regards

Ronak patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Yeow,

Everytime you register a new phone it will consume some license units (for example: 4 units for 7845 ip phone) from Units remaining count.

You can add as many phones till you reach the max limits. Once you reach "0" units remaining you will not be able to register any more phones.

Hope it helps.

Anand

The list of SKUs that you show corrospond with the Unified Workspace Licensing program. This has superceeded the DLU-based licensing you are looking at under the CUCM License Report. The UWL program is a user-based license model. The SKU that matters here is LIC-UWL-STD which corrosponds to a UWL Standard seat. If you have 50 of these then you have licensing for 50 humans. If some of the phones cannot be attributed to a user, such as with a lobby or meeting room phone, then you need to add PUBLIC-IP-DEV-UWL for those phones. Similarly if you have FXS ports you need to add ANLG-DEV-UWL.

The DLU-based license enforcement in the product will be changed to line up with the UCL and UWL programs at somepoint this year. Pay very little attention to DLUs; they are just a temporary holdover.

what happens after the licensing is change to the UWL program ?

Do I need to purchase addtional licenses if I have more than 50 physical users ?

Yes you need to purchase more UWL seats if you have than 50 users. You are already purchasing under the UWL program today. The only difference is that CUCM is not yet enforcing what you are buying.

mchondo
Level 1
Level 1

The licensing model is DLU (device license unit) or CUWL (Cisco unified workplace license)

The 7945 uses 4 units per device (37 phones * 4 units) 148 DLU's used

Under System > Licensing > License Unit Calculator

The left column lists the devices and the next column lists the units consumed

So you can mix a variety of devices, phones, soft phones, CUPC, IP Communicator

Hope this helps

where can I find in cisco website that says that UWL will be enforced soon ?

I wanted to point out that Jonathan is definitely correct here (and  +5 to him for that).  You have purchased licensing for 50 users.  Under  the existing system, DLU's are still displayed in the license unit  report and they are calculated based on the type of UWL license  purchased (i.e., standard vs. pro, etc.).  Ex: 1 UWL std = X DLU so DLU  would be calculated as X * Y, where Y = number of Std licenses  purchased.  Same is true for UWL pro as well.  Yes, it is confusing when  you only see the DLU calculation but your license agreement was  purchased under a per-user agreement.  Right now, it's basically an  "honor system" for staying true to the model; however, Cisco has been  working to simplify their licensing model and to make enhancements as  well...once of which is a model to better enforce licensing for  products.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

c_castillov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a question in regards to licensing, please tell me if I should open a new discussion of if it can be answered here.

I want to add 4 laptops with  IP Communicator to CUCM 8.0.2

The company bought previously 4 IPCommunicator licenses (software license)  and also:

L-CM-DL-10=       Unified CM Device License For ELD - 10 Units      (This license is new/unused)

Is it possible to use these Device Licenses  to add  3   IP communicator as new extensions and 1 IP communicator as an adjunct phone?

Could you advise where can I find information to register and load the license file to the CUCM interface  in order to register the IPCommunicators to the CUCM?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

for the license file, you will recieve the PAK from Cisco.

just go to

http://cisco.com/go/license

enter you PAK in the field and follow the steps. at the end you will recieve a .lic file.

the log in to your call manager go to SYSTEM --> LICENSING  --> UPLOAD LICENSE FILE

the page will ask you for the license file, just upload it to get the licenses.

HTH

Muhammad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: