Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 and QSIG MWI

pjiracek
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the following 3rd party VM set up:

VM and analog phones <--> DPNSS PBX <--> QSIG-DPNSS Converter <--> MGCP gateway <--> CUCM cluster <--> voip phones

In CUCM I have a VM pilot number and a route pattern pointing to the gateway. The VM number and the phones DNs are in the same partition and this partition is in the gateway's CSS. MWI works for the users.

I've recently added a new cluster member and some new users with new user device profiles and directory numbers (they are all in the above partition). The service parameters on the new CUCM server related to MWI are the same as on the other cluster members. For these new users the MWI doesn't work, although the new DNs are reachable from behind the PBX from the analog phones and also the VM is reachable from the new voip phones. The issue must be with the new DNs or the device profiles, because if I use one of the old device profiles to log in into the new phone, the WMI works OK. I also checked the settings on the VM system are the same for old and new users.

Any advise how to troubleshoot the MWI messages would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pavel

3 Replies 3

pjiracek
Level 1
Level 1

Just a thought - does anything MWI specific have to be set up on the PBX apart from the correct DN routing? The new users are on a different DN range for which the routing was added on the PBX.

Hi pjiracek,

did you manage to solve this problem?

I'm facing an similar issue with md110 pbx and vg30 at the moment. MWI is not working.

What device is you dpnss<->qsig converter? Is there a special string you need to configure for nsi mwi?

Regards!

Have you tried the same DN on a VoIP phone (e.g. a 79xx series phone) to verify MWI is coming through OK?

We've had "fun" with MWI & VG224s before.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: