Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 BAT

khanfawaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to upload users and phones using BAT. But when I gave for validating it gives me an error "Device Name/MAC Address Error Code Error Description".

So I am not able to add the users and phones using BAT.

Insead I tried to upload phones and users seperately. It was successfull. But problem is that I do not know to associate the users with phones using BAT.

Kinldy help.

3 Replies 3

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you are getting error while validating then the issue with your csv template issue and attach your csv file which you are trying to validate and will check and confirm.

Regards,

Gnaneswaran.

Hi,

I have attached the csv file.

Fawaz

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Please follow the below steps to associate the phones with the users.

1. Download the bat.xlt file, go to the Phones tab, and while insering phones you should have created one more column using Create file format, and selected Directory Number in Line Fields, and also Maximum number of Phone lines in the Phone template as 1.

(As an example i am trying to associate one phone with one line\extension with one user)

Create some phones with the Directory Number and upload them successfully.

2. Now go to the Users tab, edit the page and enter Number Of controlled Devies as 1, so that the sheet gets and extra column for the controlled Device (Enter the MAC ids of the each phones aginst the respective users) and upload this as well.

You could see the phones associated with the Users.

Note: In case if you are planning to associate the Primary or IPCC Extension, rememebr to enter the respective Directory numbers aginst the specific Users also.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: