Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 8.5 call forwarding and more

Hello,

I have a question regarding CUCM 8.5 running on VMware workstation AMD processor.. yes I am aware of the AMD is not the approved processor, most of the services work fine, except the media streaming is not started however i can't transfer, or forward calls.. Also when i place a call on hold and resume the call we don;t rear anything, the call stays connected, but no voice at all..

Anyone ?

Thx

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi there,

There are some thoughts regarding the use of AMD processors in this thread

and the "thread within a thread"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3077043#3077043

Cheers!

Rob

"Every fool's got a reason to feelin' sorry for himself" - Springsteen

Ron-Thanks,

I seen that post, however my understanding was the media streaming has nothing to do with call hold, forwarding..

You think all it could be related to AMD processor?

Cisco Employee

Anything related to putting calls on hold might fail (hold or transfer) because of the IPVMS problem.

But CFA shouldn't, but, you need to explain the exact behavior if you want help.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Re: CUCM 8.5 call forwarding and more

Yes hold and transfer won't work, the CFA works fine.. I did another test called the voice mail running  on the same physical machine/ vmware server and cold on hold works fine..

The behavior when placed on hold the call stays connected but there is no more audio only silence..

Re: CUCM 8.5 call forwarding and more

I was able to get the media streaming resolved- media streaming is running fine withot any issues, but still having the issue/

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content