Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 8.5. Change of IP or Cluster Rebuild?

I am looking at virtulizing my CUCM Cluster and with it a change of IP address.

Currently I'm think of building virtual subs and doing a change of IP address for the publisher.

Would it be easier/cleaner to just build a new cluster (all virtual) and migrate all my phones, users, EM profiles and everthing else? If so how would I go about this? and what problems am I likely to encounter.

I also have Unity Connection 8 and UCCX integrated with CUCM.      

Thank you all in advance.

Tim      

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

CUCM 8.5. Change of IP or Cluster Rebuild?

Hi Tim,

change in IP address of Publisher would require corresponding change in UCXN and UCCX servers.

Further what is amount of configuration u have done in CCM like number of users, their EM profiles and VM boxes.

If you are using LDAP, then, it would be good if u rebuild the clusters. Even if u take the backup from old servers and then, build  Virtual servers , then, restore on Virtual servers, would again require change in IP address.

regds,

aman

Re: CUCM 8.5. Change of IP or Cluster Rebuild?

Thank you aman,

I had a feeling that would be the case. If we just stand up a 2nd cluster how would we get the phones to talk to the new cluster. we are using ITL files but not CTL files.

We have quiet a lot of configuration in the EM profiles and user profiles, the phones are mostly just login/logout phones with a few fixed numbers.

Regards, Tim

VIP Purple

Re: CUCM 8.5. Change of IP or Cluster Rebuild?

Hi Tim,

I have never practically done but the below link would help u.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-31829

regds,

aman

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content