Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 8.5 Geolocations

Hi there,

does anyone know if these credentials are sent in SIP Invites?

I aim to connect to a Public SIP network and would like to use this for emergencey services in the UK,.

• IP Telephony
5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

CUCM 8.5 Geolocations

My understanding of geolocations is that it's only needed in countries such as India with specific routing requirements, what exactly are you looking to do with it?

Chris

CUCM 8.5 Geolocations

i was hoping this could help with emergencey services in  a multisite CUCM cluster dialling out of a central SIP>

So site

A dials out to SIP>

B dials out to SIP>

C dials out to SIP>

Each site is forwarding Geolocation info, so the service provider will understand the exact locations for when the dial 999!

CUCM 8.5 Geolocations

I am not an expert on geolocations, but I doubt it would provide what you are looking for. What you need is an Enhanced Emergency support from your SIP trunk provider, they are the ones that need to route the emergency call accordingly based on what the calling number is.  I am not sure on the SIP trunk providers' capabilities in UK, but in US pretty much all providers offer this and you can also implement an Enhanced emergency routing application such as Cisco Emergency Responder or 4rd party apps which would allow you to provide even more details, i.e exact location of the caller, i.e. NE corner of building X.

HTH,

Chris

CUCM 8.5 Geolocations

Hello Chris,

yeah CER is not available here in the UK. We are trying all of the options.

CUCM 8.5 Geolocations

Again, you need to talk to your SIP provider to get this functionality.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.