Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 installation halts at jdk 1.0.6_20xxxx on vmware esxi5

1977bjorn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I´m trying to set up cucm and or Unity connection in a vmware lab environment. We used to have cucm 6.1x working but now I would like the new version up running to test some new functionality. I have tried(so far):

Virtual machine version 7

Virtual machine version 8

Redhat Linux Enterprise 4 32bit

5 32/64bit  

6 32/64bit

Using scsi 0:0 for disk with 180 GB space - 4096 RAM

I boots, it passes the hardware detection (with RH 5 32 or 64bit) and I can start the installation. However, it halts around 54% or so at an "jdk1.0.6_20xxx-something" and just states something like "fatal" and something like (lack of disk space - media error or hardware) and reboots.

Any ideas on this? I used to run cucm 6.1x and esxi 4. We are now on esxi5 but same hardware.

regards

Björn

7 Replies 7

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Bjorn

Please download OVA template from below link and create VM using OVA, by importing this template.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/OVA_Template_Details_for_Unifed_CM_Release_8.5

Let me know if it still gives error after using OVA.

Using OVA is standard procedure to creat VM.

Regards

Ronak Patle

Please rate helpful posts by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Not allowed, but thanks. No service contract. This is for lab - not production.

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Björn,

What hardware is that ? UCS or MCS ?

Having the exact error message will make the task easy. So pls see if you can provide a snapshot of it.

GP.

It´s neither - our production environment runs on mcs and possible on ucs in the future, but I was hoping to set up a lab environment (just as we had with cucm 6.1x) to test new features and so on. I was also hoping to get a lab running as I intend to go for ccie at some point. So, for my job responsibilities I would (asap) need cucm and Unity Connection - for the ccie part also presence and some gateways. I´m trying to use an nfr-kit but no luck so far. I will post the exact error message as well as it is very specific.

regards

Björn

1977bjorn
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I also tried esxi 4 and RH 5 Ent 32 bit now, but same result...

I was extremely lucky to catch this at 83% as it is just there it happens :-) anyway here it is before it crashes

And after:

Ok, maybee there is something wrong with the media... will update the post when I try with new media.

There was a problem with the disc (The DVD)

Not really the first thing that you would suspect, but hey, it works now :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: