cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 LDAP users and non-LDAP users possible?

Hello all,

I was wondering if it is possible to have both LDAP and local users sync with the CUCM database?  I need to setup about 15 users that are not a part of our LDAP server for a specific calling software.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately no, in CUCM is one or the other.  Sorry.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately no, in CUCM is one or the other.  Sorry.

HTH,

Chris

Would you recommend using a UC520 for this kind of solution or something else?   I need to setup about 16 user and 16 sip phones for a phoneathon type software.

Well, it all comes down to your requirements, user/phone count is not all that is important when selecting solution, you need to look at features required, deployment model, ie. remote sites support, redundancy requirements, application integration, i.e. Voicemail, administration, etc, etc.

Obviously Cisco has several voice solutions ranging from UC3XX, UC5XX, CME, Business Edition, up to full CUCM.

If you can provide more details around your requirments perhaps we can assist with guidance.

Chris

To implement VOIP dailgin with CampusCall, here are the pre-requistes:

1. A SIP compatible VOIP telephony system.

2. Campuscall v.3.5 or higher with softphone license option.

3. Headset

4. Call Monitoring capability from the VOIP system.  (Optional)

Codecs supported G.711ulaw, G729 and G722.

How exactly would  CampusCall integrate to this solution?

All other features can be delivered by any of the mentioned Cisco solutions.

Chris

Campus Call would be the softphone software and it uses progressive call dialing and call progress monitoring between the caller workstation an dthe VOIP system..

How is that integrated to Cisco solution?

Do they provide compatible integration?  I suggest you check with them to see which Cisco product they can integrate with.

Chris

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Chris, if CUCM is LDAP'd to AD, End Users can login into CCMuser page.     Can I use Application User (create new) associate a device for control and have it work?  I was just trying this approach to give non-ldap user phone control and ccmuser login to change their phone settings, but no go.   I can associate the device, but when I login into ccmuser page, the device is not showing up to control (call foward, etc)

Thanks!