Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CUCM 8.5 MeetMe

evening all.

Wonder if anyone has come across this one. I configure a meetme pattern of say 880011XX, I go off hook and press the meetme key and i see the call using my h/w DSP on the route doing a

sho sccp connnections

however the call just dies. Now if I change that number to say a single number of 88001111 the call fails. All conferencing is working fine using a combo of hard and soft resources, but MeetMe just seems to not like it.

Is there a way to configure this so people know what to dial into with using the single number as 88001111? As if you use the wild card set up, who would know what to dial to get into the conf, as the initiator does not get a message saying you are in meetme number x.

Any tips would be great.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Green

CUCM 8.5 MeetMe

Hi,

To use MEET -ME

1) Lift handset

2) Press MEETME

3) Dial a MEETME Pattern

4) Go to another phone

5) Dial the MEETME pattern in 3)

6) Repeat 4) & 5)

Does this work IE a 3 way Conference.

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
8 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

CUCM 8.5 MeetMe

Hi Carl,

All of our MeetMe numbers are generated as single patterns, so yes, this is most possible

You can create multiple patterns like this if needed;

Directory Number or Pattern

Enter a Meet-Me Numbers/pattern or a range of numbers.

To configure a range, the dash must appear within brackets and follow a digit; for example, to configure the range 1000 to 1050, enter 10[0-5]0.

Are your extensions 8 digits, ie; 88001111?

Does the phone you are using to test with have access to the Partition you used in the MeetMe pattern?

There are some steps in this guide;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmcfg/b03meet.html

Cheers!

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

CUCM 8.5 MeetMe

How did you configure your dspfarm?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Hall of Fame Super Silver

CUCM 8.5 MeetMe

Either one should work, not sure why it is not working for you perhaps it was still in use. You would need to look at CUCM SDI trace logs to confirm.

How would defining indivual MeetMe number solve your issue, will you put each one in different parition and apply different CSS to each phone?

Create range and assign them to users via honor code, if they happen to enter the wrong one, too bad. Or if you want to you can get fancy and route them through contact center or voicemail and restrict with security code, etc.

Chris

Community Member

CUCM 8.5 MeetMe

Hello Rob.

yeah, I am using 8 digits. Cannot call when I use a static number, when I go off hook and press meetme it connects, however I am not seeing it in my hardware confb. Its as if its using some other resource. I only have one resource in teh MRG which is the DSP.

Yeah the mm is configured in the same PT as my phone, so I should be able to call it.

Weird huh?

Green

CUCM 8.5 MeetMe

Hi,

To use MEET -ME

1) Lift handset

2) Press MEETME

3) Dial a MEETME Pattern

4) Go to another phone

5) Dial the MEETME pattern in 3)

6) Repeat 4) & 5)

Does this work IE a 3 way Conference.

Regards

Alex

Community Member

CUCM 8.5 MeetMe

Thanks for all of your replies chaps. This was rather more or less working, however what I was doing was dialling the MM number direct, and of course it failed as it wasnt initiated. When I was going off hook and pressing the MM key I was expecting to be connected to the MM, but I wasnt! All I had to do was do the latter and then dial the MM number and it works!

Wouldnt it be good if you could find docs that mention how the user is supposed to access these functions!

Thanks again!

Green

CUCM 8.5 MeetMe

Hi,

I know this link is old hat but the priciples are still the same today.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009476a.shtml#meetme

Have a wee look anyway.

Regards

Alex

Green

CUCM 8.5 MeetMe

Hi

You need to pick phone user guides for your type of phones and CUCM or CME version.

The index is here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_user_guide_list.html

Eg a 7965 for CUCM 8.6 +

Under Basic calls ---> Meet Me

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975G_7971g-ge_7970g_7965g_7945g/8_6/english/user_guide/75706545cal.html#wp1031242

Using Meet-Me

Meet-Me conferencing enables you to start or join a conference by calling the conference number.

If you want to...

Then...

Start a Meet-Me conference

1. Obtain a Meet-Me phone number from your system administrator.

2. Distribute the number to participants.

3. When you are ready to start the meeting, go off-hook to get a dial tone, then press MeetMe.

4. Dial the Meet-Me conference number.

Participants can now join the conference by dialing in.

Note Participants hear a busy tone if they call the conference before the initiator has joined. In this case, participants must call back.

Join a Meet-Me conference

Dial the Meet-Me conference number (provided by the conference initiator).

Note You will hear a busy tone if you call the conference before the initiator has joined. In this case, try your call again.

End a Meet-Me conference

All participants must hang up.

The conference does not automatically end when the conference initiator disconnects.

Hope this helps

Regards

Alex

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content