Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 Restoration

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Guys,

This is my first exp for restoration want more clarification before proceeding as i have read the restoration document, but want to be more sure from you experts.

I want to upgrade to 9.1 on UCS, so my plannning is to install fresh 8.5 on UCS and then database restore and then upgrade to 9.1 by upgrade disk.

when restoring 8.5 there are many files which have been backup (as per the attached)

My Question is

• While restoring which file should be chosen first amoung those??
  • I have to restore every file one by one??

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Clark,

Once do restore, u would get the tar files which have backupdate and time.If you have two  backup files kept in folder, then u would get two tar files.u need to select the latest backup file.

You cannot restore each and every file.

regds,

aman

Notice that there is a drfComponent.xml file.  This file points to all of the individual tar files you see in that directory.  When doing a restore as Amanso pointed out, the CUCM server will look for the drfComponent.xml file and once it finds that the CUCM web page displays the date and time of the backup.  You have the choice to select which backup file based on when the backup was taken (date/time) to restore.  You will only see multiple options if you have more than one backup in that directory.  Once the backup is chosen, the drfComponent.xml file will be read which points to each .tar file you see and will automatically be restored.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: