Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 8.5 to 8.6 Upgrade - Extension Mobility

Hi Support Community

I am upgrading a CUCM Cluster from 8.5 to 8.6. As per the recomendations before the upgrade commences i will disable the extension mobility service. This cluster has 400 IP phones of various models and all have already been upgraded to the correct firmware version for the 8.6 default.

My question is, for users that are logged into extension mobility before the CUCM upgrade will they remain logged in after the upgrade when we switch versions or are users logged out during the switch version process.

Thanks, Carl

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: CUCM 8.5 to 8.6 Upgrade - Extension Mobility

Hi Carl,

I have done some upgrades before (from CM7.x/CM8.5 to CM8.6), and based on my experience: the loggin users will stay logged in after the upgrade.

Cheers,

hoanghiep.

VIP Super Bronze

I would have to agree with the first response: phones would remain logged in. This is because you deactivated (not stopped) the service which performs the logout operations. The upgrade supports this opinion as well:

Be aware that, when you deactivate the Cisco Extension Mobility service, Cisco Extension Mobility users cannot log in and log out of phones that support Cisco Extension Mobility. 

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or
6 REPLIES

Hi Carl,

I have done some upgrades before (from CM7.x/CM8.5 to CM8.6), and based on my experience: the loggin users will stay logged in after the upgrade.

Cheers,

hoanghiep.

Thanks for your response.

I thought this maybe the case but could find anything in the release notes.

Thanks, Carl

VIP Purple

Hi carl,

The users would logged out when u do switch the versions because it restarts the server.They would remain logged in till the time upgradation is going on.

regds,

aman

VIP Super Bronze

I would have to agree with the first response: phones would remain logged in. This is because you deactivated (not stopped) the service which performs the logout operations. The upgrade supports this opinion as well:

Be aware that, when you deactivate the Cisco Extension Mobility service, Cisco Extension Mobility users cannot log in and log out of phones that support Cisco Extension Mobility. 

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or
VIP Purple

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for providing the info.(+5)

regds,

aman

Re:CUCM 8.5 to 8.6 Upgrade - Extension Mobility

Hi all

Thanks for your responses. I completed the upgrade yesterday and can confirm that once you deactivate the em service and perform the upgrade and switch versions users remain logged in throughout from start to finish.

Thanks again.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Views
Helpful
Replies