cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 to Shoretel Integration for call routing via 2921 MGCP gateway

sbhavikj
Level 1
Level 1

I have a requirement for Shoretel integration with CUCM for call routing. I configured the T1-PRI-QSIG between 2921 MGCP gateway and a Shoretel and the PRI is up. When the calls are placed, I see the call on the gateway but then immediately see a disconnect from router with cause 0x80AF - Resource Unavailable, Unspecified. IOS version is 15.0.1.M3. The DSP's (PVDM3) show no errors.The calls are G.711.

When the call is received on PRI from a Shoretel phone, I am seeing a different message "recovery on timer expiry". This is consistent. Am I missing something?

Any help/pointers greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which side is configured as Network?

Have you rebooted the GW?

If you search for these error messages on this forum or google you will find quite a few good links. Have you tried it?

Chris

Thanks for your reply, Chris.

I tried reboot of the router to no avail. The router is configured for Network and I verified that the T1 is clean with no errors. According to Cisco, this error is a temporary failure but in my case it is consistently failing.

Some online posts suggest DSP related issue so I have requested customer to upgrade the IOS to try.

Thanks,

Bhavik Shah

What ISDN switch-type are you using? Is it the same on both sides?

Chris

It is primary-qsig with variant ISO. Shoretel person confirmed this.

The QSIG PRI is working now after converting the gateway to H.323. I suspect that the latency was causing the dropped calls as with MGCP, the latency between GW and CUCM was around 150 msec roundtrip.

Thanks for help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: