cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 (VM) FTP file uploads are SLOW

Ven Taylor
Level 4
Level 4

I have my CM running in a VM on my C210.  Switch detects auto/1000, no errors.  When uploading new cop files via ftp (OS Admin) it takes a crazy long time to complete.  A 384 file took over an hour.  That same file, to a different server at the same location, took about 35 seconds.

I looked at sniffer traces and don't see anything except a few re-trans... The rest is just data/ack, data/ack.

I looked at the VSphere Client and don't see anything weird, but my VSphere kung fu is weak.

Any thoughts on what I can look at?  Network is good.  I know it's the CUCM box.

Ven

Ven Taylor
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies 6

afmmanicke
Level 1
Level 1

Have you disabled the LRO as described here: http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Disable_LRO

Something makes me wonder.

I also have another VM on that ESXi host.  It's running just fine.  The same file, that took over an hour before, only took about 20 seconds from the same location.

I'm hesitant to think it's the ESXi.

Ven

Ven Taylor

Anyone have an update on this issue?

I've been having this same problem. Speeds to other VM's around the CUCM VM are fine. In my case, I'm running 8.0.3.. The interesting thing about this is that once every 4 minutes or so, I get a large burst of traffic through (about 3-4MB/sec) for about 5-10 seconds, then the speeds drop back down to almost nothing (a few KB/sec).

Under normal operation, I don't see any performance issues (spotty/dropped calls, slow management interface, etc) with the CUCM servers.

Hi

Have you confirmed you have disabled LRO as suggested above?

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Disable_LRO

Also installed the correct vmtools package?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Tony Cilli Jr
Level 1
Level 1

I wish I could rate this for you guys, but the Disabling LRO Fix corrected the issue for me. Running CUCM 8.5 on a UCS C210. Before my transfer speeds were averaging 6.4Kbps with two second jumps to 40Mbps every few minutes. After this my transfer rates were averaging about 140Mbps. Thanks guys!

Hello Tony,

You can rate it by clickin on stars under each helpful answer.

Best regard,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: