Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6(2) - Missing Business Edition Option

remi-reszka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just installed CUCM 8.6(2) but I am wondering why it did not give me an option to install Cisco Unity or CUCM Business Edition. When I previously installed CUCM version 7.0(1) I had all 3 options to choose from. It all changes now? For Business Edition or Unity I have to have a separate install?

Can anybody shed some light on that please?

Thanks in advance.

Remi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Once again, if you don't get the option to install something is because you're not matching the required specs. What you posted sounds like a 10K users CUCM.

Cisco Unity  Connection

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Downloads_%28including_OVA/OVF_Templates%29#Cisco_Unity_Connection

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Remi,

The options that are given here are hardware dependant. So you must be

using an MCS or VM OVA that only supports CUCM

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the quick answer. Actually I am using HP server with Xeon Quadcore and VMware ESXi 4.1. The virtual machine is configured as Linux Red Hat 4 (32bit) with 80GB HDD and 6GB RAM and 4 processors.

So you say the installtion should give me an option to choose between CUCM, CUCMBE and Unity?

Thanks in advance.

If you mean the 5K install that's only on MCS, the 6K is a downsized regular CUCM install and you do not get any special prompts. You just use the 6K OVA.

Short answer to your question is "yes, you use the same file for CUC/CUCM and CUCMBE 5K/6K, what choices you get depend on HW model and specs."

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Thanks a lot for clarifying that. How about UNITY? I don´t get this option to install on another virtual server. To download OVA template for CUCMBE 6K do I need to a have a Service Contract Agreement or it is available for users with CCO account?

Thanks in advance.

Once again, if you don't get the option to install something is because you're not matching the required specs. What you posted sounds like a 10K users CUCM.

Cisco Unity  Connection

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Downloads_%28including_OVA/OVF_Templates%29#Cisco_Unity_Connection

HTH

java

HTH

java

That will do. Thanks.

zildj
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to install BE6K and missing that option.  I get CUCM and BE3K as options?  Using a C200M2 and the 1000 user BE6K OVA.  Should I be getting a BE6K option?

Thanks

Apparently there is a lot of confusion around this.

You WON'T get a CUCMBE 6K option listed as such during install.

It will just say CUCM.

Whether it's a 6K or not only depends on what HW and OVA you're using, but the actual install is going to feel and look exactly the same as if you're doing a regular standalone CUCM install. Same for all the other products of the 6K suite.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you

Is Unity Connection part of the CUCMBE 6K install like it was for the older CUCMBE versions?

Old CUCMBE (CUCM/CUC on same server) is now CUCMBE 5K

Separate VMs and separate installs for each product on C210 is CUCMBE 6K

Yes, CUC is part of the 6K solution.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Have one C200M2 server with CUCM 8.6.1a software for the CUCMBE 6K.  Will this work for CUCMBE and Unity connection on the same server?

What server is required for CUCMBE 5K?

Thank you

5K is an MCS-only solution

• Cisco MCS 7828 Unified Communications Manager  Business Edition 5000 Appliance

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7273/data_sheet_c78-636588.html

Yes, C200M2 can have both VMs.

I'd recommend you to review the 6K documentation here:

Cisco Business Edition 6000

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Business_Edition_6000

HTH

java

HTH

java

No option to load unity connection from the disk onto the C200M2 server?  Only CUCM and CUCMBE 3000.  Trying to get CUCMBE6K and Unity Connection working on the same server.  Would this require a new OVA for Unity Connection then when you load the disk the unity connection option would appear?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: