Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6.2 Recovery CD

Hi mates,

I got hanging process with my CUCM 8.6.2.

I made some manipulations with root passwd, then saved files end rebooted CUCM.

After that i trapped to cycling booting process with initrd (PID1).

CUCM ver. -- Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.2.21900-5.sgn.

Where can i get Recovery CD for ver. Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.2.21900-5.sgn?

Thanks in advance!

KR

Andriy

7 Replies 7

Thx Dragan,

I've done it all, but the result the same.

Will do new experoments with other CUCM instance for myself, but it's a cause of making Pub backups even for lab work.

KR

Andriy

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I made some manipulations with root passwd

That sounds ominous: With CUCM you don't have access to the root account unless you've been "clever". If you've done this, Cisco will wash their hands of you....

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi Gordon,

if u r familiar with Unix on basic level it's all possible to do with CUCM being under Linux. You can change every parameter u need.

KR

Andriy

Gordon's remark is not on the fact that you cannot do that, his remark is on the fact that the moment you do this, you lose all Cisco support. If this is only for a lab and you want to fool around and change settings, go for it.

If this is a production system, you've just lost all Cisco support on that VM.

We don't support any method for root access other than reaching Cisco TAC, and they asking you to generate the root account for logs or to fix something. Any change under root access not directed by Cisco, will also turn your system into a not supported system. Obviously, creating your own root account, and making changes on your own, has the same outcome.

Since you're on VMware workstation, I assume this is only for lab/testing, as that is also not a supported platform.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That's clear,

All is for lab env. If i needed it on prodaction mode, i would play with backup-copies only.

Thx 2 all

KR

Andriy

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I could go riding a motorbike at night, with no lights, on an icy road, with no crash helmet. Doesn't mean I should....

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.