Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6.2 Subscriber is down!!!!

Rohit Mangotra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone please help me in this I have got 2 clusters of CUCM 8.6.2 one is Pub and another one is Sub. In the cluster there are 4 nodes

1. CUCM - Pub

2. CUPC

3. UCCX

4. UCXN         

1. CUCM - Sub         

2. CUPC

3. UCCX

4. UCXN         

This complete structure is in VMware. Today my Sub went down completely and all the phones are now registered to PUB. When I went to see in VSphare client to see what is going on I saw that in the CUCM node --> console it is rebooting automatically and is then giving error and asking to insert Recovery disk. When I tried to ping other nodes in the cluster they were completely fine no problems in it. Please see the attached error file. I will really thankful if any one able to help me out in this.

Thank You,

Kind Regards

Rohit Mangotra.

7 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Use the Unified Communications Manager Recovery CD to restore access to       the file system. The Unified Communications Manager Recovery CD can be used on       any server and application experiencing this issue. This process can be used to       recover both Root and Common partition file systems that are affected. First,       you need to download the latest iso file for the recovery disk, regardless of       product version. Please find the below link which describe your issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080b1f305.shtml

Thank you

please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

Hi

This is famous error , many people faced before. If the recovery disk fixed your errors , nothing will change on your configuration , this will be ok for your cluster. The recovery just fix some errors and issued on linux operating system , that i all. As Mr/Manish told if  the recovery not fix the issue, this will be a big problem , you will have to reinstall your Sub again.

Thank you

Hi Rohit,

In addition to what dear friends have said[+5], you won't loose any data.I have faced similar problem number of times on CUCM 7.x and system recovery helps.

Chances are there u would be able to get everything fine.In case if it fails, u can rebuild the subscriber .

regds,

aman

Hi Rohit,

I want to add something to the useful information provided by Islam. Regarding your question about data loss, since it is a subscriber so i would say your cluster is 'safe' as the Publisher contains the master database. When you reinstall the sub, the Pub will push the configuration data onto the sub barring some specific tftp firmware files or custom MOH files / ringtones etc which you can upload later on.

HTH

Manish

Hi

+5 for your kindly help here . A success case which you mentioned above , i think will help MR/Rohit.

Thank you

Hi

+5 MR/Manish and thank you for sharing professional information with us. So Rohit , DB replication will help you if you reinstall your subscriber again. No thing to worry about , just do it . If you face any problems , please share with us and i hope to tell you that you are so lucky because MRManish and MR/Amanso are here .

Thanks

12 Replies 12

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rohit,

Download the recovery iso from this location and boot up the subscriber from this iso.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283782839&flowid=26422&softwareid=282074294&release=8.6%282a%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Once there it will give you the option to run an automatic or manual file system check. Try the automatic one first and if it does not work then try manual file system check. Thes kind of issues can occur because of improper shutdowns and may lead to reinstallation of sub in case the recovery disk does not fix the issue.

HTH

Manish

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

Use the Unified Communications Manager Recovery CD to restore access to       the file system. The Unified Communications Manager Recovery CD can be used on       any server and application experiencing this issue. This process can be used to       recover both Root and Common partition file systems that are affected. First,       you need to download the latest iso file for the recovery disk, regardless of       product version. Please find the below link which describe your issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080b1f305.shtml

Thank you

Thanks heaps guys for such a quick reply. If I do the way you told me, will I lose my data? Do I need to do clustering again so that subscriber should be a part of it? Is this issue common? Have you guys faced this before?

Thank You,

Kind Regards

Rohit Mangotra.

Hi

This is famous error , many people faced before. If the recovery disk fixed your errors , nothing will change on your configuration , this will be ok for your cluster. The recovery just fix some errors and issued on linux operating system , that i all. As Mr/Manish told if  the recovery not fix the issue, this will be a big problem , you will have to reinstall your Sub again.

Thank you

Hi Rohit,

In addition to what dear friends have said[+5], you won't loose any data.I have faced similar problem number of times on CUCM 7.x and system recovery helps.

Chances are there u would be able to get everything fine.In case if it fails, u can rebuild the subscriber .

regds,

aman

Hi

+5 for your kindly help here . A success case which you mentioned above , i think will help MR/Rohit.

Thank you

Hi Rohit,

I want to add something to the useful information provided by Islam. Regarding your question about data loss, since it is a subscriber so i would say your cluster is 'safe' as the Publisher contains the master database. When you reinstall the sub, the Pub will push the configuration data onto the sub barring some specific tftp firmware files or custom MOH files / ringtones etc which you can upload later on.

HTH

Manish

Hi

+5 MR/Manish and thank you for sharing professional information with us. So Rohit , DB replication will help you if you reinstall your subscriber again. No thing to worry about , just do it . If you face any problems , please share with us and i hope to tell you that you are so lucky because MRManish and MR/Amanso are here .

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks a lot guys for all your help really appreciate it. I will use the iso and will let you know how it went. Thanks once again.

Kind Regards

Rohit Mangotra.

Hi,

The problem is resolved now and all credit goes to you guys. Thank you so much.

Kind Regards

Rohit Mangotra.

Hi Rohit,

thanks for update.

Good problem is resolved.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: