Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUCM 8.6 3rd party server support

Hello,

Can anyone point me to a link that shows all the specs (memory, CPU, disk space) required to run install 8.6 directly (not a bridged upgrade) onto an HP server? So far all I can find is that the HP Proliant G5 should work but the install is failing at the hardware detection level.  I know its out there I just can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!  all replies rated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes - unfortunately, it HAS to have a 2.33ghz CPU.  (and SmartArray P400)

I'd love to know a way around this as I have a 2.66 box that I really need to use.

9 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Thanks Chris,

I have seen that page.  For 8.6 using an HP server all it says is HP DL380-G5 (146-GB HDD).  I have a G5 with the 146GB HDs and the install is failing  Is it checking CPU and memory as well?  I'm not seeing that on this doc if so.

Thanks in advance!

Yes - unfortunately, it HAS to have a 2.33ghz CPU.  (and SmartArray P400)

I'd love to know a way around this as I have a 2.66 box that I really need to use.

Thanks!  I have 2.66 as well.  Any idea if the right G5 will support CUCM 9.x or is 3rd party hardware going away?

Re: CUCM 8.6 3rd party server support

I _believe_ it's going away.  Licensing seems to be changing as well.

There's a decent webcast on cisco.com that covers a fair portion of it.

If you can figure out a way to make the 2.66 CPU pass validation, please share  : )

I have everything else:

- P400 controller

- 4GB RAM

- (it's picky on drive count as well - 2 for 7835 and 4 for 7845)

Thanks.  I have seen hacks before that let you install older versions on pretty much anything but not sure if they are still possible.  I will definitely share if I find a work around.  You would think that as long as the processors were faster than 2.3 it would allow the install but I guess not.

Exactly... I'm not sure why it would care if it's 0.33ghz faster, but it does.

Another option is to buy a 2.33 Xeon - I think they can be found for around $100.

I may have to go that route if I don't find something soon.

Hello All,

I have a question and a comment. 

This thread is specific to installing 8.6 natively on a HP based server, correct? 

I ask b/c I have been looking at the requirements for installing 8.6 on a VM.  I have been looking at these guidlines:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_Virtualization_Supported_Hardware#.22Can_I_use_this_server.3F.22

According to the CPU guidelines (at least for installing on VM) you have to use these CPUs.

If possible I would like to install more than one CUCM on the same physical server. 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content