Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 8.6 - 8961 "Phone Not Registered"

Hi,

I can't get my 8961 to register to my CUCM 8.6. My 7941 registered without a problem. I verified that I correctly entered the MAC Address. My 8961 can reach the TFTP server and get its TFTP file.

Status Messages:

00:41:37 VPN Error :VPN is not configured.

00:41:36 SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX.cnf.xml.sgn (HTTP)

00:41:33 Trust List Updated

00:41:32 Updating Trust List

I verified the traces on CUCM and the phone really gets its tftp file. Those 4 messages loop and phone displays : "Phone Not Registered". In the CUCM Admin page, the registration status says : Unknown..

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

The usual issue when SIP phones do not register is when there is no line configured on the device.  SIP phones require a line number to be configured if they are not auto registering because the phone has to learn of it's directory number from the TFTP config file so that it knows what to put in the SIP REGISTER message.  Double check that there is a line set on the device in CUCM and if there's not add one and the phone should register.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

The usual issue when SIP phones do not register is when there is no line configured on the device.  SIP phones require a line number to be configured if they are not auto registering because the phone has to learn of it's directory number from the TFTP config file so that it knows what to put in the SIP REGISTER message.  Double check that there is a line set on the device in CUCM and if there's not add one and the phone should register.

Thank you very much!!! It is now working, very fast response.

Views
Helpful
Replies