Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

CUCM 8.6 Caller ID issue

Hi everyone,

first time poster on here.  i'm looking for some input on an issue i've been trying to resolve.  We upgraded our phone system for an old legacy system back in November.  We were using 12 analog lines to handle our calls and we are now using a new Cisco system connected to two PRI's.

We have two 2911 Voice Gateways, two UCS servers with all reduntant systems.

We are having issues with our Caller ID on outgoing calls coming up as unknown.  The issue was brought to my attention a few weeks ago so it did not start when we did the initial cutover of systems back in November.

I have done quite a bit of testing.  I have called various different numbers from various different desk phones in our company.  Some users that I used for testing were confused as they didn't have an issue a couple weeks ago and upon testing, it came up as "Unknown".  Most of these are mobile devices including my cell phone.  One day my calls will show up as unknown, the next day I will see the number that is calling however we never seem to see the name anymore.

However - I've been able to track down 3 analog lines for testing and all of these lines showed the Caller Name & Number.

I have gone to the support company that assited us in the phone system implementation and they cannot see anything wrong with the system.  I have gone to our PRI telco (Bell) and opened two tickets for them to tell me that they simply pass along the info that comes out of our system and they do not see any issues.

I'm wondering what my next steps should be?  Any input?   I do realize a lot of wireless carriers stripe this kind of information however because it was never an issue in the past, our CEO is not accepting this as an answer and wants it resolved.  Below is a quick extract of a call log for a test call I made.  I have stericked out some of the information for privacy concerns.

Called number '613******'

                Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

                               Standard = CCITT

                               Transfer Capability = Speech 

                               Transfer Mode = Circuit

                               Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

                Channel ID i = 0xA98397

                               Exclusive, Channel 23

                Display i = 0xB1, 'CALLER NAME'

                               Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

                Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '613*******'

                               Plan:ISDN, Type:National

340823: Feb 28 10:27:42.045: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref = 0x891E

                Channel ID i = 0xA98397

                               Exclusive, Channel 23

340824: Feb 28 10:27:48.045: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- ALERTING pd = 8  callref = 0x891E

                Progress Ind i = 0x8088 - In-band info or appropriate now available

340825: Feb 28 10:27:58.093: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- CONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x891E

340826: Feb 28 10:27:58.093: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial0/0/0:22 is now connected to 613******* N/A

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

CUCM 8.6 Caller ID issue

What protocol are you using on the GWs??

Are you sure you're not blocking this in CUCM in RPs??

Do you use the same RPs/RLs/PRI for calls that work and don't work??

I would start by making sure whenever you're going to make a test call, the debugs are running, to compare what you're sending when it works vs when it fails.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
New Member

CUCM 8.6 Caller ID issue

Thanks for the reply Javalenc.

I'm going to have to look into your questions.  I am fairly new to the system as it was just handed over to me a few weeks ago from our ex-IT guy.

As far as I know we are using h.323 protocol on the GW's.

As for blocking on the RP's, no changes have been made and I'm not sure why one day i would see the number on my cell phone and the next I wouldn't.

same RP's/RL's/PRI for all calls - I don't know how to answer this one   Calls to land lines seem to show the information, calls to cellular devices do not, however both are within the same calling area code.

I am going to install some of the debug/logging tools and make some more test calls.

741
Views
0
Helpful
2
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content