Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6 new features versus older versions

DanielGoQ_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there is any kind of "official" document from Cisco showing the new features someone will get with CUCM 8.6 and considering we already have any of the older versions of CUCM like 4.X, 5.X, 6.X or 7.X.

Does anybody know about this?

Thanks a lot!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There used to be document with this in a very generic way (6.X-7.X-8.X) , to my surprise, the link I have is no longer working and I can no longer find that doc.

This info is always contained in the RNs, a list of new features and changes to features/parameters is always there.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

just to add in a very high level

with the new CUCM 8.6 and later the Video capabilities have been improved alot and you can natively register many of VC end points such as C and EX series and have them talk directly to CTS telepresence end points with out any need to a Video xcoder

alos now you can get the ability to use translation pattern based on the calling number while used to be doable only via H323 GW ( i think this is since 8.5 ! )

not to mention there are more to find about it as Java recommend using the release notice of that version

hope this help

if helpful Rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

This document helps you SRND = Solution Reference Network Design

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns742/ns818/landing_uc_mgr.html

Regards!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There used to be document with this in a very generic way (6.X-7.X-8.X) , to my surprise, the link I have is no longer working and I can no longer find that doc.

This info is always contained in the RNs, a list of new features and changes to features/parameters is always there.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

just to add in a very high level

with the new CUCM 8.6 and later the Video capabilities have been improved alot and you can natively register many of VC end points such as C and EX series and have them talk directly to CTS telepresence end points with out any need to a Video xcoder

alos now you can get the ability to use translation pattern based on the calling number while used to be doable only via H323 GW ( i think this is since 8.5 ! )

not to mention there are more to find about it as Java recommend using the release notice of that version

hope this help

if helpful Rate