Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.6: SIP trunk backup to local hunt group

Hello. There is SIP trunk with several destination patterns. I've already turned on OPTIONS pinging, so when trunk goes down, calls get rejected immideately. Now i want all calls to all or any patterns, destined for that trunk to be rerouted to locally created hunt group in the case of trunk going down.

I've tried to add translation rule to that destinations in partition, which is added to the end of CSSes, but it doesnot work.

Please help.

3 Replies 3

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I doubt if it's possible to achieve since logic first check the route pattern -> rl -> rg -> trunk... once logic found at the end that call can't be placed thr' sip trunk, it will go further to check for next trunk/gateway available under 'route group'. Logic can't move back to route the call to hunt group. Route Pattern is the final destination for your call. That is what I think so.

When SIP trunk goes down, shouldn't it be removed from route finding?

Yes, that trunk won't be used anymore to route the call but then next available trunk/gateway available under route group will be used to route the call.

Please note that route pattern is the final destination and you can't change your call destination. Hence the back up of your SIP trunk will be another trunk/gateway, not another number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: