Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.x: organization name change in certificates

dmuizebelt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Because of a name change I would like to update the O= parameter in the CUCM certificates. The O= is also automatically used when generating a CSR. Is there a way to change this without reinstalling the Callmanager?

As this would affect all generated certificates and license files would it be better to just ignore it?

Thanks,

Danny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Use 'set web-security' from the server CLI/SSH.

It will regenerate tomcat certs, so you would need to reissue if you have proper certificates installed.

It will also break your license MAC if you do this on the publisher, so you'll have to get your licensees rehosted.

So unless it's really causing an issue, I'd leave well alone :-)

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Use 'set web-security' from the server CLI/SSH.

It will regenerate tomcat certs, so you would need to reissue if you have proper certificates installed.

It will also break your license MAC if you do this on the publisher, so you'll have to get your licensees rehosted.

So unless it's really causing an issue, I'd leave well alone :-)

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Good point, as I was more interested in the CAPF certificates I didn't expect this feature to be located under web-security. This also (unfortunately) shows that the Cisco development engineers kind of ignore the possibility to sign the CAPF certs against a 3rd party CA.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply.

-Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: