cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.x to 10.X

Siva chinap
Level 5
Level 5

I am planning to upgrade CUCM 8.X to 10.X version in UCS C 200,my queries are before upgrading what are the pre requirements to be considered

How to migrate licenses? If i have UCSS/ESW contract what is the procedure tp migrate licenses? In case i don't have UCSS/ESW subscription?

Wether UCS 200 Server comptaible for telepresence ? I am plan to implement SX10 & D80 will it be comptaible?

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Siva,

U need to run LCU [License count utility] tool on PC from which CUCM is reachable.

the LCU file along with txt file , u need to share with licenisng team. This txt file u will get from PLM [prime license manager] afte u do scucssful migration from 8 to 10.

You can download the LCU from Cisco site.

IF u do not have UCSS/ESW contract, u need to place order for Migration licenses.

If u have contract, then , u can place order for CUCM 10 , through PUT [Product Upgrade tool]. You can also do the migration using PCD which is again orderable through PUT.

regds,
aman

Aman,

Thanks for the info,

To order a migration license what is the part number  ?

Will this hardware is compatible for telepresence server?

We have two UCS C200 server in which Primary:- PUB,CUC,IM.

in another server i have installed UCCX,Sub

Hi Siva,

the main part code would be  R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 

for enhanced users , LIC-UCM-10X-ENHP-A

for BASIC, LIC-UCM-10X-BAS-A

for Essential, LIC-UCM-10X-ESS-A

for software , CUCM-VERS-10.X [restricted] 

CUCM-VERS-10.XU[unrestricted] . 

Please do consult Partnet for more details of Part codes and TP.

regds,

aman

But i can install VCS-C&E in UCS200?

Hi Siva,

You can check on this link for TP  or u can raise your query in TP Community.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_TelePresence_Video_Communications_Server

regds,

aman

One more thing to add

For customers with no active UCSS/ESW contracts, major version upgrades may be ordered either as an upgrade with UCSS (Migration to UCSS) or as an upgrade without UCSS (Standalone Upgrade).

Main Part code is R-UCL-UCM-MIG-K9 followed by user licenses like MIG-CUCM-BASIC for Basic user.