Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 8.x to 10.X

I am planning to upgrade CUCM 8.X to 10.X version in UCS C 200,my queries are before upgrading what are the pre requirements to be considered

How to migrate licenses? If i have UCSS/ESW contract what is the procedure tp migrate licenses? In case i don't have UCSS/ESW subscription?

Wether UCS 200 Server comptaible for telepresence ? I am plan to implement SX10 & D80 will it be comptaible?

6 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi Siva,U need to run LCU

Hi Siva,

U need to run LCU [License count utility] tool on PC from which CUCM is reachable.

the LCU file along with txt file , u need to share with licenisng team. This txt file u will get from PLM [prime license manager] afte u do scucssful migration from 8 to 10.

You can download the LCU from Cisco site.

IF u do not have UCSS/ESW contract, u need to place order for Migration licenses.

If u have contract, then , u can place order for CUCM 10 , through PUT [Product Upgrade tool]. You can also do the migration using PCD which is again orderable through PUT.

regds,
aman

Aman,Thanks for the info,To

Aman,

Thanks for the info,

To order a migration license what is the part number  ?

Will this hardware is compatible for telepresence server?

We have two UCS C200 server in which Primary:- PUB,CUC,IM.

in another server i have installed UCCX,Sub

VIP Purple

Hi Siva, the main part code

Hi Siva,

the main part code would be  R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9 

for enhanced users , LIC-UCM-10X-ENHP-A

for BASIC, LIC-UCM-10X-BAS-A

for Essential, LIC-UCM-10X-ESS-A

for software , CUCM-VERS-10.X [restricted] 

CUCM-VERS-10.XU[unrestricted] . 

Please do consult Partnet for more details of Part codes and TP.

regds,

aman

But i can install VCS-C&E in

But i can install VCS-C&E in UCS200?

VIP Purple

Hi Siva,You can check on this

Hi Siva,

You can check on this link for TP  or u can raise your query in TP Community.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_TelePresence_Video_Communications_Server

regds,

aman

VIP Purple

One more thing to addFor

One more thing to add

For customers with no active UCSS/ESW contracts, major version upgrades may be ordered either as an upgrade with UCSS (Migration to UCSS) or as an upgrade without UCSS (Standalone Upgrade).

Main Part code is R-UCL-UCM-MIG-K9 followed by user licenses like MIG-CUCM-BASIC for Basic user.

Views
Helpful
Replies