Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1.1 - DRF error

Ayaz Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are running CUCM 9.1.1.10000-11, I am consistantly getting error backing up ELM-Server for subscriber.

Below is the backup Details;

EF.png

Below is the log file output;

Log File: 2014-01-08-13-11-47_b_cat-ucm02_elm-server_elm.log=====================================================
Server : CAT-UCM02
Feature : ELM-SERVER
Component : ELM
Time Completed: 2014-01-08-13-11-56
Result Code : 109-Unable to transfer the tar file over SFTP channel as currently configured SFTP server does not support output stream
Result String : ERROR
=====================================================
Ready for ELM Backup

----> BEGIN Standard Output

----> END Standard Output

----> BEGIN Standard Error

----> END Standard Error

I am using SilverSheild sftp server, cuc and uccx backup fine.

If anyone has encountered this issue before or has any ideas please share.

Thanks,

AK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ayaz,

Just adding to what Aman has suggested

"Cisco uses the following servers for internal testing. You may use one of the servers, but you must contact the vendor for support:

• Open SSH
  • Cygwin
  • Titan

Cisco does not support using the SFTP product freeFTDP. This is because of the 1 GB file size limit on this SFTP product."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_D9A29FAD_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-91_chapter_01.html

You may try a free software like Coreftp as well.

If the issue persists, then DRF traces would be required for a failed backup.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ayaz,

Never faced this error but try using another sftp software like freeftpd/titan.

regds,

aman

I hit this occasionally in our environment, with failures not specific to any UC App.  I note the following WikiDoc:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Backup_Fails_in_One_of_the_Components_with_Result_Code_109

I re-run the backup, and its 99.9% of the time successful.  I can note however that our failures are not specific to ELM-SERVER/ELM-AGENT as others have mentioned.

We use OpenSSH.  If you're not using a supported product, then well...  RTFM.

As I suspected it wasn't the sftp server but a bug, after upgrading cucm to 9.1.2.12900-11 backups are completing normally. 

can u please share the bug ?

regds,

aman

thanks for update[+5]

regds,

aman

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ayaz,

Just adding to what Aman has suggested

"Cisco uses the following servers for internal testing. You may use one of the servers, but you must contact the vendor for support:

• Open SSH
  • Cygwin
  • Titan

Cisco does not support using the SFTP product freeFTDP. This is because of the 1 GB file size limit on this SFTP product."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_D9A29FAD_00_disaster-recovery-system-cucm-91_chapter_01.html

You may try a free software like Coreftp as well.

If the issue persists, then DRF traces would be required for a failed backup.

HTH

Manish

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

I have this same problem. Every once in a while it says failed but the files look to be transfered ok.

I am using freeFTPD, which has worked great in past versions. I don't think there is a 1GB limit anymore, my backups are over 4GB. 

Try using Titon.  Manish listed the Cisco approved SFTP software.

Thanks,

AK

Anyone still having this problem? After using freeFTPd for years on version 8 I started finding occasional fails of the ELM-AGENT after upgrade to version 9.1

Moved backups to openssh and am finding the same problem.

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

Switched to Open SSH and still having problem, anyone else find a solution?

Hi,

Suggest opening TAC case with cisco .

Upgrading to latest CUCM 9 version could resolve the issue.

regds,

aman

I'm running 9.1.2.10000-28 and occasionally see a backup that fails (will be upgrading in the future). For backups I use SolarWinds SFTP/SCP server. We recently changed the IP address of the server it backs up to and backups started failing. I changed it to use hostname for the backup device to avoid this change in the future. I had to change the backup device to use IP address instead of hostname and that fixed the issue.

That might not apply to your scenario but hopefully this helps someone in the future.