Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1.1a CFA override by CFNA

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

we upgraded a Cluster from 6.1.4 to 9.1.1a.

Now I have got a strange behavior using call forward.

Situation A

Phone A CFA to phone B

Phone B CFNA to phone A

Someone calls phone A or B:

Phone B rings; CFNA timeout occurs -> Phone A rings (CFA is overridden)

Situation B

Phone A CFA to phone B

Phone B CFB to phone A

Phone B is busy; someone calls phone A or B:

Phone A rings (CFA is overridden)

CFA = call forward all

CFNA = call forward no answer

CFB = call forward busy

Especially Situation A seems strage to me.

Does anybody know a workaround for this? Maybe the "CFA Destination Override" Service Parameter?

Thanks,

Bernhard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Seems to me that in both cases the system is breaking a call routing loop as soon it is detected (call forwarded to where it comes from).. I consider that proper behavoir, for sure some may not agree.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

That behaviour would match the behaviour I would expect if 'CFA Destination Override' was set to 'Enabled'. Is this the case on your system?

CFB would always 'override' CFNA - if the phone is busy then it cannot time out.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I have tested with "CFA Destination Override" Service Parameter Disabled and Enabled.

This doesn't change anything.

Maybe you got me wrong?

CFB and CFNA override the CFA!

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Seems to me that in both cases the system is breaking a call routing loop as soon it is detected (call forwarded to where it comes from).. I consider that proper behavoir, for sure some may not agree.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bernhard,

I'll just add this note to the good tips from my friends Aaron & Paolo (+5 each)

It sounds like you may be hitting this bug that first appeared in

CUCM 9.1.1;

Manage an application caused CFA loop via "Forward Maximum Hop Count"

CSCug04494

Description

Symptom:Call Forward All gets ignored by CUCM

Conditions:CUCM  ignores the CFA request when it recognizes a loop. This loop is  intentional and should not be broken by CUCM on certain occasions.

Workaround:None.
Known Affected Releases:

(1)

9.1(1.10000.1)

Known Fixed Releases:

(0)

Cheers!

Rob

This might be the issue.

I guess I will have to open a case.

Thanks!

bernhardczapp
Level 4
Level 4

Answer:

The system works as it should work.

The loop breakout was introduced in CUCM 7.0(1). Futher desciption of this 'feature' can be found in the system guide of the corresponding CUCM version.

For example page 522 of system guide for CUCM 9.1 (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_1_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_C5565591_00_cucm-system-guide-91.pdf)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: