Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 Call Routing

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears.

I want to block GSM and Landline calls for specific users (DN) after office hrs and in week ends, I have created a time and schedule and assign to the partitions  but confused how the calls will be stopped becz i don't see any option in route pattern to call these schedules.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Adam

All you need is to create a new partition Eg. No_Mobile_Off_Time assign the time schedule to it.

Create 2 route patterns with those 2 mobile number and assign them to previously created Partition.

Add this partition on a dedicated CSS for those users you want to block.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

HI Adam.

When you configure a time schedule, you have to associate it with a partition.

That partition will be associated with a route pattern and added to the users DN CSS.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Dear Carlo,

Yes it is working, the time schedule were wrong, but now all the user  are blocked for that GSM Partition, I want to block some users limiting them to 2 no's of GSM numbers.

Thanks

Hi Adam

All you need is to create a new partition Eg. No_Mobile_Off_Time assign the time schedule to it.

Create 2 route patterns with those 2 mobile number and assign them to previously created Partition.

Add this partition on a dedicated CSS for those users you want to block.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Hi Adam.

Just one more tip.

Time period and time schedule should be configured for the period of time you want to block the call for those users.

In route pattern with partition containing time schedule you should select "block this pattern" option.

This because CUCM will block all calls to those particular numbers for those particular users during the time schedule.When the time schedule is no valid, calls will be routed normally using other route patterns.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

In route pattern with partition containing time schedule you should select "block this pattern" option.

This because CUCM will block all calls to those particular numbers for those particular users during the time schedule.When the time schedule is no valid, calls will be routed normally using other route patterns.

According to your reply above, what i understand is the user to whom i want to block & allow  their CSS will contain restricted partition schedules who's route pattern will be "block  this pattern "and unrestricted partition schedules who's route pattern will be  "routes this pattern" and they will work according to time when the user is dialing

Hi Adam.

Correct.

When CUCM searches for a best match for those mobile numbers, during the configured time schedule it will find a route pattern bolcking the call. Outside the time schedule it will find the generic route pattern for mobile because the partition which contains specific mobile number is marked as inactive.

Regards

Carlo

Dear Carlo,

(partition landline) : 2XXXXXXX , partition GSM:9XXXXXXXXX with route pattern already existing in Call Manager.

Procedure for TOD call Routing

1. I will create a partition Internal_TOD and assign a schedule after off hrs.
  2. i will create 2 additional route pattern for landline and for GSM such as 2XXXXXXX,9XXXXXXXXX with partition Internal_TOD and will select block this pattern.
  3. Will Create a CSS name TOD with including partition in sequence such as Internal_TOD, Internal,landline,GSM

Please confirm the above steps for the TOD call routing is perfect.

Thanks

Hi Adam.

Corret! 

Test it and let me know

Regards

Carlo

Dear

I applied on 2 users, i changed their partition to Internal_TOD, and created additional route pattern 2XXXXXXX,9XXXXXXXXX with partition Internal_TOD and blocking this pattern, Instead on creating a new CSS i edited existing CSS GSM by the sequence Internal_TOD,Internal,Landline,GSM.

The problem i faced that all the users were blocked for calling landline and GSM.

if i am not wrong i shld create a separate CSS for these 2 users and shld apply on  them instead of modifying the existing, please correct me ??

Is it the sequence of partition should be considered in calling search space ??? this sequence affects the outbound calling.???

thanks

Hi Adam.

You shoul follow all the steps you mentioned in your previous post also create a new CSS is needed.

Yes  put TOD partition before the other matching non TOD partition

HTH

Regards 

Carlo

Thanks Carlo

it is working,

I have rated +5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: