Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 Clustering

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Dears,

• I have 4 Nos UCS 220M3 servers, I need to deploy in 2 location over the WAN (CUCM CLusterng over WAN), I need to design according to Cisco best practice, for ex how many publisher will be and how many subscriber will be can anybody write a brief point how to design.

•      Is it there is a way for the existing configuration of previous version of CUCM can be migrated to 9.1 on different hardware mentioned above.

Thanks

25 Replies 25

Dear Jaime,

Thanks for the reply,

If you pretend to upgrade the production system and want to run the services, you need a feature sw license for 8.x.

I have the licenses for CUCM 9.1 , client will not accept to  buy any license for 8.X because he paid already for latest 9.1

what alternate i can do for the above, Is it possible to prepare a whole scenario in LAB environment with UNTOUCH the production network 6.1.

Below are my thoughts but i am stucking only in VMware solution where 6.1 doen'nt runs on VMware. Please confirm me the below solution and help me for point 1 below.

1. Install 6.1 on VMware on  new UCS ------------ Here is the place where i have a doubt whether it will be install or not.
  2. After installing 6.1 restore a back up of the production CUCM 6.1 on LAB CUCM 6.1.
  3. Upgrade from 6.1 to 8.x  (let the train of demo license start from 6.1 till 9.1)
  4. Upgrade from 8.x to 9.1
  5. Install all the licenses purchased
  6. Shutdown the Prodcuton publiisher and subscriber and put LAB 9.1  in production.

It seem all look fine above except point no 1

Hi Clark,

How did u get the licenses for Call manager 9.1?

Hope u have UCSS and ESW contract and u placed the order to Cisco.

regds,

aman

Dear Aman,

Please be patients to reply my answer,

If i am not wrong the UCSS will give licenses from 9.1 onwards it will not give before 9.1

Thanks

No, that procedure is not fine at all, if you want to do that, you need to to a jump upgrade, i already provided the link for it, it appears you haven't reviewed it based on that plan you posted.

You can install two 6.x releases on UCS for it, you upgrade DIRECTLY to 9.1(2), and you need to DRS those VMs into fresh installs to correct the HDD alignment.

If what I'm saying makes no sense, go thru the link and attached PDF, and then it will make sense.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime,

If what I'm saying makes no sense, go thru the link and attached PDF, and then it will make sense.

U all r experts and it make sense for all your replies,but i am not understnading those words.

You can install two 6.x releases on UCS for it, you upgrade DIRECTLY to  9.1(2), and you need to DRS those VMs into fresh installs to correct the  HDD alignment.

I got the below link but some questons highlighted in red

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/34713?start=0&tstart=0

1) DRS backup the original MCS 6/7 system

2) fresh install the 6/7 same  release on a VM (using the 9.1 OVA )

3) install the RU cop file (that will be made available with 9.1.2 FCS) -----I hope this is the correct one ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.2.cop.sgn

4) DRS restore the data from the MCS on the VM system

5) Upgrade the VM system to 9.1.2

6) Backup the 9.1.2 VM, rebuild the VM the the OVA, reinstall 9.1.2, and  restore --- means what ???? again repeat the process as like a fresh VM and CUCM install and then restore 9.1

7) Migrate licences using ELM

Thanks

Ok, now thats a supported and valid upgrade plan.

2 don't forget to adjust the OS to RHEL 3

3 downloads at cisco.com has the file you need to use, use v 1.2

5 once finished the upgrade and partition swap, change OS to RHEL 5

6 DRS the vms you upgraded, shut them down, fresh install once again all the same VMs with same info, then DRS restore

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

2 don't forget to adjust the OS to RHEL 3 ????

3 I hope this is the correct one ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.2.cop.sgn

5 once finished the upgrade and partition swap, change OS to RHEL 5  ????

9.1 comes pre-installed with RHEL 5 but i didnt understood the above lines

Thanks

2 and 5 are explained in the jump upgrade doc, they're steps you need to follow, carefully review the doc

Yes, thats the file you need.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime,

But need you to be more elaborating  rather than explaning things in short.

I was working under the assumption that you had gone over the document, reviewed, and understood the whole procedure, and the steps involved.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: