Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM 9.1 - Configuring MVA H323 Gateway

Hi

We have CUCM 9.x cluster with H.323 Voice Gateway that has ITSP SIP trunk for PSTN.

So actually, I am in the process of implementing MVA;

On Cucm, configured MVA DN 30999 and also configured RDP and service parameters

On Gateway, configured voice application and incoming dial-peer as

Enabled VXML (ip address of publisher)

application

service ccm_mva http://10.30.40.10:8080/ccmivr/pages/IVRMainpage.vxml

Created a separate dial-peer for MVA to trigger VXML and Assign application to dial-peer

dial-peer voice 999 voip

description ** Incoming calls to MVA DN **

incoming called-number 0133330999

service ccm_mva

translation-profile outgoing MVA ## Above number will be transformed to 7 digits after matching to trigger dial-peer 1000

Configured Translation Rule for internal MVA number

voice translation-rule 16

rule 1 /^013\(333....$\)/ /\1/

voice translation-profile MVA

translate called 16

Here, we already have dial-peer pointing to subscriber with the pattern range as MVA, so I am assuming we dont need to create duplicate one

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

description ** Incoming calls to CUCM-Sub **

translation-profile outgoing IN

destination-pattern 333....

session target ipv4:10.30.40.12

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

fax rate disable

fax protocol pass-through g711alaw

ip qos dscp cs5 media

ip qos dscp cs4 signaling

no vad

When I used my mobile no which is associated as RD and calls 0133330999, I can see on my desk phone line goes red (in use) but on my mobile it seems not connecting to MVA. I cant get through.

Kindly assist if anyone has configured in 9.x version.

Regards

M Taha

6 REPLIES

Hi,

can you please make sure

- MVA is enabled and the MVA number is set on the CUCM Service Parameters page (for CallManager),

- Media Resources > MVA information is set up correctly

The

translation-profile outgoing MVA

on the 999 dial-peer does not really have an effect, as calls are intercepted by the MVA service and this dial-peer is used as an inbound dial-peer anyway. You should probably do the transformation on the voice-port level. Or, try the Partial Match setting on the "Matching Caller ID with Remote Destination" (Service Parameters for the CallManager service).

G.

Re: CUCM 9.1 - Configuring MVA H323 Gateway

Thanks G for responding on my request!

yes on cucm side MVA number is created under Media resources as 30999 and also MVA number is there in service parameter as 30999.

for gateway, kindly note we are in ITSP SIP trunk scenario so no TDM/voice-ports here.

And yes you are correct, it is an inbound dial-peer and I already did change it to;

dial-peer voice 999 voip

description ** Incoming calls to MVA DN **

translation-profile incoming MVA

service ccm_mva

incoming called-number 0133330999

codec g711alaw

the, translation-profile incoming MVA will transform it to 7 digits so that already existing dial-peer for subscriber could be trigger towards cucm;

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

description ** Incoming calls to CUCM-Sub **

translation-profile outgoing IN

destination-pattern 333....

session target ipv4:10.30.40.12

voice-class codec 1

voice-class h323 1

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

fax rate disable

fax protocol pass-through g711alaw

ip qos dscp cs5 media

ip qos dscp cs4 signaling

no vad

I still uncertain here; Let me share the debugs of

debug voip dialpeer all

debug ccsip messages

debug h225 asn1

debug h245 asn1

debug voip ccapi inout

Hi Muhammad.

In your dial-peed you don't need to apply any translation because the incoming call session for MVA remains on VG.

So try to remove the translation profile on dial peer 999

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

Thankyou for your response.

Actually internal numbering are of 5 digits; 3XXXX so in order to hit the 30999 MVA DN the dial-peer 999 needs to trigger dial-peer for CUCM, thats what I think the flow should be.

Let us say the session remains with VG, fine. But how the flow would work out towards cucm as DN is 30999

and if i dont do any translation at 999 then it would end in a loop or goes to deafault dial-peer.

Anyways, it doesn't seems to hit the IVR as it is not connecting as per my original post. Infact it makes the VG to restart.!

Kindly share your thoughts.

Regards

M Taha

Hi,

could you just test this with the number sent by the outside world - I guess it's 0133330999. Set this number for MVA in CUCM (both Service Parameters and Media Resources). Let's not worry about translations for this moment. Do you hear the MVA IVR?

G.

Hi G,

The thing is, it is not connecting to MVA IVR and my VG gets restart if i try to call the number few times. I dont hear anything at all.

Just a thought, I do have Cisco Unified Mobile Voice Access Service under the Publisher started and activated.

Do I have to start Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App? I think the IVR session would just be on Gateway side so this service might not come into play in the subjected scenario.

Anyways, I will try some troubleshooting to see but I also need your valuable suggestions and thoughts.

I might need to check VXML service status.

Regards

M Taha

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content