Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 Database Replication

Hi Expert,

I have CUCM 9.1 on ESXi running with one PUB and SUB.

The server were installed using the hostnames and were never changed changed at all.

The hostname were changed after the services were running and replication set between the PUB and SUB.

The DNS reliance was removed on both server by going onto the PUB and by doing System --> Servers. The Hostnames that appear there for both the PUB and SUB were changed from Hostname to the proper IP Address.

After that, bamn, we are gettting a Database Communcation Error.

Cant even log into the CUCM CM Administration. But can log into OS and CLI.

Any help?

Warm regards,

J.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Johnny,

u can refer the link for further help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/9_0_1/ipchange/CUCM_BK_C936116C_00_changing-ipaddress-hostname-cucm-90.html#wp69494

Changing the IP Address for Servers that are Defined by a Hostname

This procedure describes how to change the IP address of either a publisher or subscriber server that is defined by a hostname in Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Unless otherwise stated, these steps apply to both publisher and subscriber servers within a Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to this thread ,this will help you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2232428

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Hi N,

I have followed the documentation provided in that thread and do not see anything helping me at all.

The only thing that I could say changed was the hostname under System --> Server. From Hostname to the actual IP Address.

Is any way to revert that back to the hostname perhaps?

Warm regards,

J.

When I check on the SUB,

Using the command: # show tech network hosts

I can see both the PUB and SUB hostname and IP addresses.

But that command on the PUB only gives me one entry which is the PUB IP Address. I do not see the SUB hostname or IP address.

Warm regards,

J

Hi Johnny,

u can refer the link for further help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/9_0_1/ipchange/CUCM_BK_C936116C_00_changing-ipaddress-hostname-cucm-90.html#wp69494

Changing the IP Address for Servers that are Defined by a Hostname

This procedure describes how to change the IP address of either a publisher or subscriber server that is defined by a hostname in Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Unless otherwise stated, these steps apply to both publisher and subscriber servers within a Cisco Unified Communications Manager cluster

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I am now able to log into the SUB Unified CM Administration web page but unable to make any changes whatsover.

But I am still unable to log into the PUB Unified CM Administration (Database Communication Error). The only thing that was changed was the Hostname under System --> Server. The hostname was changed to the server IP Address.

Is there anything else that I can do in order to regain access onto the PUB?

I can log into the SUB without any problem but the PUB still says Database Communication Error.

The hostname is correct under OS Admin and the IP Address and other settings. What changes should I make?

Please assist !!!

Can you try running "run sql select * from processnode" on the publisher?  Also, try starting "A Cisco DB" manually by running "utils service start A Cisco DB".

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: